Repro 72 510 SSS Grille & Supersonic badges

I wish my painting skills were as high quality as this grille LOL.  Sucks i used to be great, but the nerve damage in my back has also affected how steady my hands are, but still looks great, just some day when the 510 gets re painted, ill get the grille stripped and have someone do a very professional job painting it for me :) Goes on in the morning, and ill post more pics then.

165902_10153211677145331_1289844132_n.jp

1150204_10153211677345331_1116413678_n.j

1185286_10153211677280331_1168144285_n.j

1098278_10153211677225331_1549845702_n.j

• Like 3
  • Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fit great, only thing was 4 bolts didnt fit in your hardware kit, dont know if mine are a different size or what.  Fits perfectly under the grille, just i ahve to work my passenger side mounts in a lil bit, always noticed my old grille set out just a lil bit, but really notice it with this grille (not teh grilles problem, my mounds problem) so i need to bend them a little bit.  But i love it...now i just HAVE to get my airdam back on for it to look even better :-D

Fits perfectly under the grille, just i ahve to work my passenger side mounts in a lil bit, always noticed my old grille set out just a lil bit, but really notice it with this grille (not teh grilles problem, my mounds problem) 

This grill isn't as forgiving of tweaked mounts as the stock USDM metal grill is. Gotta sit just right to look right.  :thumbup:

On both cars I put one on I spent at least an hour tweaking the mounts to make it sit in the hole correctly...   :rofl:

• Like 1

FYI to all you waiting for grills, I started a new Job and they are working me like a dog. Needless to say it has really put the breaks on my time in the garage. I am still spending as much spear time building grills as I can without getting a divorce but Time lines may get pushed back a bit. I have a list of interested party's and as I get one done I will work my way down it. I sincerely apologize for any delays.

• Like 2

^ bummer... Tho completely understand as I've had to bench some realy cool projects, and disappointed people, due to new job.

Just let me know when :)

damn... just dont forget about me

You two are high in the list, I'm hoping to have yours done in the next few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update for the watchers, I'm still plugging away at making grills. Work has got me petty pined down right now so I've only been able to make about one every two weeks, but they are getting out.

Also I'm looking to buy or rent a supersonic badge, If you have or know some one who has one get in touch with me, I'll make it worth your time.

No not really, The headlight bezels are an exact copy of the factory ones plus some backing material, and the center section had to be thickened and reinforced to compensate for being made of plastic and not metal, so the parts have to me ground down and lined up to make them fit together. Its kinda tricky because if you remove to much material from ether part they become weak and can break and if you don't take enough they wont line up right. I use a Dremal with a small barrel sander bit to work the parts into shape, in the beginning It took me like 5-6 hours to just fit the parts together. You will need a drill, drill bits, Dremal (or similar tool), assorted grinding bits, screw drivers, pliers and a shit load of patience and attention to detail.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...