Repro 72 510 SSS Grille & Supersonic badges

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well derp on him for painting it.

The guy that owns it now bought it with a car where the PO sprayed everything white: bumpers, plastic GL grille, GL taillights, licence plate lights... everything :sick:

Current owner plans on refinishing it. 

• Like 1

Yeah the owner sent me a PM asking about the grille as I imagine he noticed us ragging on it here. He shot me a picture and a picture of the car it came on and I told him how to verify that its a genuine piece. He says it matches my description. Plans on refinishing it and selling it since its not his cup of tea. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yah people see mine and are amazed its a repop, i have to point out the difference, the quality is amazing me still.  Purple sits outside, even with the gold perfectly fine, shes been through the heat, shes been through the cold now, and shes holding up perfectly fine.  I could rant and rave all day about how great your repro grilles are. 

NOW MAKE THAT EMBLEM!!!!! lol

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Here we go :P at least he's calling it a reproduction, price gouge aside ;)

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=111260487828

48 bids! The price on these bad boys just went up!

ferfucksake! Looks like I may have undervalued them a bit. But I guess this was more of a service for the Ratsun community than a get rich quick deal. If they own a 510 and aren't on here than maybe they should be.

On a side note...

To all of you that are waiting patiently for a PM from me saying your grille Is ready, I apologize for the delay. The holidays and my new job have been very time consuming as of late. I am still making them as fast as time allows and I will get to you as quick as I can.

• Like 1

On a side note...

To all of you that are waiting patiently for a PM from me saying your grille Is ready, I apologize for the delay. The holidays and my new job have been very time consuming as of late. I am still making them as fast as time allows and I will get to you as quick as I can.

Man, sorry Corey I forgot all about this grill.  Haven't been on ratsun in awhile.  I'll send you another PM.

im just waiting for when you do that emblem :-D

Thats in the works. Its not easy finding someone that will let you borrow one, especially when it means shipping it halfway across the country to someone they've never met. But, I think I have found that person... we will see.

Thats in the works. Its not easy finding someone that will let you borrow one, especially when it means shipping it halfway across the country to someone they've never met. But, I think I have found that person... we will see.

It just might be too expensive and require access to a ceramics kiln, but I have heard of "Silver Clay" that packs into a mold, presumably gets fired along with the teacups and butterflies and ends up a silver replica of the mold's positive.  Would take investigation with a local ceramics hobby shop, might be able to embed studs on a spacer?

"Silver Clay" is used to make jewelry items.

Isn't that 2nd pic before paint from this thread. Did he ask to use that pic? Idk just annoys me buy something cheap and try make money selling it. I've seen stuff like that cause the original creator raise prices or just stop making their product out of disgust.

So I see as re listed price changed but has a reserve. 100 for shipping? Idk it's better but still. Why he even buy it ?

Isn't that 2nd pic before paint from this thread. Did he ask to use that pic?

The pic is how he got it, I know because its slightly OD green. I remember making it. You cant blame a guy for trying to make some bucks on something that he put some effort into. He took the time and money to get it painted up real nice and put on Ebay. It was just a matter of time before they hit that market, we cant burn him at the stake for being the first one to do it. Its not his fault that some people are to dumb to read the whole description before bidding. It makes me kinda proud that it would passed for the real thing in a pic. In all honesty I would have gone that route if it didn't end up selling so well to Ratsun. Sooner or later I will saturate the market and seek a bigger audience myself.

All in all, good on him. It will in the end increase my sales.

• Like 2