Repro 72 510 SSS Grille & Supersonic badges

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part, it fits great. Problem is my front end pass side is tweaked a little. I'm still wrapping up the halo swap so that pic was just two top bolts holding the grille.

Everyone there was amazed. Most who don't follow ratsun couldn't tell that it's a repro

Do to the incredible generosity of  SSSEXXX I will be getting my hands on an original supersonic badge to make a copy of for the grills. it will need a little cleaning but should make an awesome silicone mold for reproduction. I should have a prototype made in the next couple of weeks.

photo1.jpg

photo4.jpg

• Like 1

saw someone down here in Socal trying to sell your grill on cl for $1500 iirc, i know it was over a grand. it's solid unpainted plastic which is how i knew it wasn't real. 

i can look for the cl add if you'd like.

-Rob

There's not much I can do once the grills leaves my hands but I would like to see the add nun the less. I would feel bad for the guy that spends that much on one, but if your not going to do your homework before spending $1500, well...

• 2 weeks later...

I know each of the grills I make pretty well beings I spend 10-12 hours with each one and I can say with confidence that is not one of mine. Not to mention, judging by the cob webs growing on it, it has been hanging on that wall for some time. I'm willing to bet its a factory unit. The only sketch thing is why is it painted all white? Maybe to hide its condition?

• Like 2

How are we looking CorAce??

The weathers turned cold and damp here so its taking a little more time for the plastic & paints to cure properly but I'm still getting after it. Yours should be ready to ship by Monday. I may have to consider a way to heat my garage this winter if orders keep up.

The weathers turned cold and damp here so its taking a little more time for the plastic & paints to cure properly but I'm still getting after it. Yours should be ready to ship by Monday. I may have to consider a way to heat my garage this winter if orders keep up.

Construction sites use a horizontal propane heater and fan called a salamander.  Provides good local heat inside large structures.  Maybe there'e one in your future?

Construction sites use a horizontal propane heater and fan called a salamander.  Provides good local heat inside large structures.  Maybe there'e one in your future?

Thats a good idea but it may be a bit overkill for my already crowded garage, not to mention the open flame factor. Bimart has a what looks like an old wall radiator on wheels but its some kind of oil filled electric thing. My buddy uses one in his house boat and it heats it nicely.