Oldy but a goodie for a youngster

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SOOOO. First I played around with the wiring. Things that I managed to get working. Dome light, blinkers, heater blower, fuel gauge, and the temp gauge. I am going to rewire the whole car anyways but i wanted to see what worked and did not from the get go.

_MG_0756_zpse7669c53.jpg

_MG_0754_zps20fde122.jpg

_MG_0759_zpsb14efac9.jpg

59lights_zps1d2ef27d.jpg

IMG_0978_zps7da4934e.jpg

I haven't checked the speedo yet, but the cable is still there. Maybe I will take a drill to it later and see what happeneds.

After this I stipped the car down and saw what I actually had to fix for floor pans. Surprisingly even with no windows for so lond the floor pans are great. Trunk pan is also. The only bad part is under the rear seat. A much easier thing to fix since it is just bent flat sheet metal.

_MG_0758_zps6673cd65.jpg

I cleaned and sealed the trunk area. Minus the edges that needed the seam sealer redone and when I do that I can second coat the main area and coat the seam sealed sections also.

_MG_0749_zps4e18ece9.jpg

_MG_0761_zps332671ad.jpg

I unbolted the trans tunnel pieces, of which there are two. One main one and a secondary smaller one on top. This little baby trans was just begging to be brought out through the giant whole. hahah. So i pulled it through the cab.

_MG_0764_zps4a350fd5.jpg

_MG_0765_zps7cd9c951.jpg

When that was all removed I started fitting the new engine. to see what needed to be done.

_MG_0767_zps2b272a36.jpg

It fits! Though I had to cut out the rust anyway, so I went ahead and just did it. Helps fit the bell housing.

_MG_0775_zps519bce27.jpg

_MG_0802_zps21d03878.jpg

• Like 1