Oldy but a goodie for a youngster

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it would be very hard to make it rhd. I mean I am already using a bench seat. And have to do sheet metal work on the firewall. I will look tomorrow on how hard it would be to do something about it. I might just have to flip an arm on the steering box. Or use a different column. It would give me more room for the exhaust. Though it would give me less room for intake. Hmmm

I did haha, I think it was your grandma who answered the door, Said you weren't home...I looked at it real quick while I was there...

Haha pm me your number and ill shoot you a text so you can know when I am home.

Also no one is changing my mind on anything just adding in ideas!

• Like 1
Too bad the dash isn't symmetrical like the 320-521's. I don't see a pic of you're steering box. If you get a chance, post one of it and the idler.

I'll get some tomorrow. I picked up some rubber finally and just made my own motor mounts and trans mount. Just finished the motor mounts and going to start the uppers tomorrow. But I keep wanting to take my steering box apart to see how it works. The housing almost looks like you could just flip the internals then flip the housing and you could run it on the other side.

I can't freakin believe they came off that easy! I was having panicked flashbacks anticipating you taking them off. And the red looks so sweet and so does that ride height!

Sorry fisch. I had no trouble taking my rear drums off. :)
8CCF8B3F-4C35-4E9F-AE16-349F3D9CA32E-328

Then I wanted to see the red on the wheel.
E164CBC8-F98F-42B1-B1B5-08F06E577ADA-328
22618127-8C65-49D2-AFBD-9283E5995D56-328

That last photo is with the axle unbolted and the leaf springs actually sitting in the ground.

Atom do you have the factory shop manuall for this?I think there is a schematic of the steering box in it. Also what did that bench come out of? (sorry if I missed that info.)

Atom do you have the factory shop manuall for this?I think there is a schematic of the steering box in it. Also what did that bench come out of? (sorry if I missed that info.)

the bench is out of a 1951 hilman minx. And I wish I has a shop manual. Haha
the bench is out of a 1951 hilman minx. And I wish I has a shop manual. Haha

Dude, I will hook you up. PM me your e-mail. It is a big file, so I can send it in batches.

I cleaned this up a bit resetting the Odom to zero. But when I put it back together I noticed there was no temp needle.

AAB59767-0E9F-4271-8F8E-A251B953E714-437

I took it all apart and figured out how to reattach the needle so when hooked up to a battery the needle moves correctly. It's a bit tricky it can go in multiple ways. Of course I had to try all the wrong ways first.

4981DAC9-C6D1-4596-BB71-A9DAF7B35ECE-437

The needle rests almost out of screen.