Oldy but a goodie for a youngster

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be setup pretty similar to the truck box, just laying on it's side.

If you haven't seen this.... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46635-steering-column-modifications-mklotz70/   ....give it a look.  You'll see that the worm gear is a piece that's welded onto the end of the steering shaft.  An expert welder(jesusno2?) could weld one on from a right hand drive box......saving a ton in shipping.  I used to think that the worm gear could get cut off, flipped and welded back on, but it won't change the spiral.  I've owned a right hand drive vehicle before........got that out of my system. :)

Should be setup pretty similar to the truck box, just laying on it's side.

If you haven't seen this.... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/46635-steering-column-modifications-mklotz70/ ....give it a look. You'll see that the worm gear is a piece that's welded onto the end of the steering shaft. An expert welder(jesusno2?) could weld one on from a right hand drive box......saving a ton in shipping. I used to think that the worm gear could get cut off, flipped and welded back on, but it won't change the spiral. I've owned a right hand drive vehicle before........got that out of my system. :)

Don't think I am going to go right hand on this. The dash would be a mess to flip. As its welded in place.

When I was dreaming of putting something bigger under the hood of my 59 I remember thinking about one of these Atom. The Wizard Steer Clear. It is pricy though! I've seen some hotrod guys make their own out of bicycle sprockets and a bike chain! (scary)

Though U joints might get you there. Maybe fab some sort of column drop too?

http://wizardsteerclear.com

...so sweet!!!!

..oh....and I'm not a fan of driving RHD rigs.....been there, done that......got it out of my system when I was 19. I've never had the desire to have another.....but they look cool :)

Well then ill just mirror image the photos when it's done! Hahaha

I cleaned and sealed the floor pans today. Re sealed factory seems. I hope this thing floats when I am done. Also seam sealed the seat pan welds top and bottom. And clean and coated some of the under carriage. I ran out of paint so I will have to get some more sealer to finish the undercarriage and inner fire wall once it's done. I wanted to get the welds sealed up and clean up some of the surface rust while I am sealing something else anyways.

22A90004-19EB-44CB-91D7-46550181AF81-184

16CDD612-7DD2-49FE-87DA-CC00EBB50C96-184

3F4825E0-BB1A-4F88-A322-6931AEBD3546-184

This is a bad photo but I clean an sealed the inside of the roof also.

• Like 2