Oldy but a goodie for a youngster

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4B6C7C66-1078-4242-917F-553F0ECEC1F8-975

I don't have super fancy tools. So I made this with a cut off wheel, a grinder, and a drill. Haha.

The slot allows me to move the transmission back and set it in place while I make engine mounts. Plus it makes the trans seen to slide right into place during installation.

Haha I wish. He doesn't know where it is either. I put the trim on to see how good it would look. Couldn't get a shot oh everything on the car from a distance.

so is it james that has no idea or your bro? If it is your bro consider things like, how close is your bday, ofcourse april 1st is right around the corner  he could be getting a head start on pranks

What are you using for polish?

I found an old can of turtle wax car and chrome polish in the cupboard a long time ago and wanted to see if it was and good. Has my approval. Haha. Very quickly shines up the chrome. Best to do it by hand though.

Damn Atom you make we want to work on mine! But basically all I am doing right now is working, eating, sleeping and shi*****. No time. You are literally making the car I wanted to make. (Though I also had dreams of a fenderless version with z'd front frame rails.)

The good news is you are breaking new ground so I can turn to you for advise when I get to mine! LOL.

(Sorry I missed your call!)

ofcourse you could go all out and do what Bob3 has done with MX520 and is doing with his 411

I wish. I think I would have to shorten everything too much. An axle would be easier and cheaper. Haha

Also! I got a new tool today. Guess what it is!

A687ADC7-F67B-47D5-BDBB-97F9C37F39F9-186

Today I re tapped the door handle screws to m5x.8 from m5x1. Which seems to be a screw that isn't really made anymore. So I chose to re tap my handles. Went great nice and easy and the new screws fit great. All stainless.

BAA29EED-526B-4E46-AA28-D97B2EECEFFC-297

444CE4A6-915F-4E8C-9B4A-2CE8905A415A-297

I the. Removed the gas tank and looked at what was I side. Crystals! Yup. Tastes like gas o lean rock candy.

35DC15AC-3773-46CD-B43F-652560B9D613-297

00BFEFE6-FD05-4416-AD78-305A97184D3C-297

1EEDB116-208B-446F-AF8A-5CF38A12587B-297

And a teaser pick of a possible wheel idea. Maybe red?

65FA9F6F-8911-4FBB-8AF9-37BA8A2CB4C6-297