I need a new picture hosting site

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I just went to photobucket, haven't seen that much issue, but I don't have a whole lot of stuff except the build thread photos.  I think they have unlimited storage but you have a small pay fee.

I just opened an account with Picasa/google, I am a slow learner, can you tell me how to post more than one photo at a time?

I went to my photobucket account and see that we are going down that road again, it says I/we have 28 days till the move, but it let me back into the old format after a click or two, this sucks, as the old format works really well for me.

• Like 1

Flickr > Any other.

I pay for the yearly subscription for all the unlimited features, and it's worth every penny. Quality over photobucket and any other hosting site is great.  

For example...

The clarity of flickr 

8042090244_02bc142873_b.jpg
_DSC0213 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

VS. Photofuckit

8042090244_65cb4c48d7_o_zps7bf5008d.jpg

I used photobucket and facebook to post pics... 

If you use facebook, and Firefox browser, just right click the picture and view image.  Then copy the url and add the IMG tags.  The quality isn't the greatest but it gets the job done.

I used photobucket and facebook to post pics... 

If you use facebook, and Firefox browser, just right click the picture and view image.  Then copy the url and add the IMG tags.  The quality isn't the greatest but it gets the job done.

FYI, anyone can use that image url to find your facebook profile. So don't do this if you want to remain anonymous when posting a picture.

FYI, anyone can use that image url to find your facebook profile. So don't do this if you want to remain anonymous when posting a picture.

Only if you have an open profile. If you lock your profile to only friends then you have no worries. I also would never use Facebook to save images that I really wanted to save to share across forums and such. It has absolutely horrible file compression... plus it has horrible file options. You can only post one size. Flickr gives you the option of about 10 different sizes for the same file upload. Its nice to be able to choose which size you want depending on your needs. 

what problems are you haveing with photobucket?

I just started using my Flickr account. It works well for me. My Photobucket account won't let me switch back to the old format. The new format is junk, plain and simple. Maybe if they get their act together, I'll go back.

This.

I checked out fliker and I don't want to create yet another email account I would never check.

imgur looks good thanks.

I want unlimited storage and easy options to post pics to forums. I'm about to say fuck it and buy a server.

Photobucket used to be easy, now you have to open 2 more windows just to copy the link. Stupid and they don't seem to care about it, I'm sure I am not the only one that has bitched.

...as you say Dr. :lol:

This.

I checked out fliker and I don't want to create yet another email account I would never check.

imgur looks good thanks.

I want unlimited storage and easy options to post pics to forums. I'm about to say fuck it and buy a server.

Photobucket used to be easy, now you have to open 2 more windows just to copy the link. Stupid and they don't seem to care about it, I'm sure I am not the only one that has bitched.

...as you say Dr. :lol:

I have also been complaining since mid december, and my biggest complaints have been new windows opening without making any progress forward, and no way to post multiple photos.

I also had the thought of having a hosting site created like photobucket with forums like Ratsun in mind, I found hosting programs for sale, but I wouldn't know the difference between them, and about that time photobucket let me back into the old format without any complaints anymore, so I forgot about it.

Another issue I could see about creating a hosting site for Ratsun is that there are several different ideas about what is an easy way to post photos, everyone seems to have their idea about what is easy, on picasa once you get to your photo/photos, you have to open a second window to get to a single full sized photo to copy and then paste to your reply, on photobucket you check all the photos on that page you want to post, then you generate img codes at the bottom of that page which automatically opens up a new window, and then one copies the full sized IMG code option, and paste it to your reply, or if one is just going to post a single photo a little pop up window on each photo appears on that original page when you hover over it, and one just copies the IMG code and pastes it to the reply, to me this is the easiest.

Personally I don't want to open an account with every hosting site to find another one that is easy, I have tried imageshack a long time ago, and picasa, otherwise I just listen to what others say about their site which very few go into details, they just say it's easy.

The thought of having to start over with another hosting site, and transferring all my photos to a new site sucks, but if one wants to have the photos stay on ratsun permanately, then ratsun will need it's own hosting site, as with all older photos posted a long time ago, they start to disappear because whoever is hosting them decides not to host them anymore, a lot of stuff gets lost, like the wiring diagrams that were in the electrical section, they are gone now, I saved the 521 diagram, but the rest are lost to me, and you, unless you saved one on your computer.