A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck DE block might be better but car girdle won't work on it unless line bored. Car DE oil pump, timing cover and pan totally different than the truck DE. Stick with car DE if going into a car.

I'm asking way too much for it, and I know I am honestly. Like I said ..... Debt. Shit sucks. If someone can't pay close tomy asking price I'll just keep it due to it being to valuable to me!

Car will no longer be for sale after Fri. Nobody has brought me the cash. I'll figure something else out for bill money...

Anyway,

Who has some ZX struts I can buy?

• Like 1

I'd like to add....

CL SUCKS for selling cars. Literally had 25-30 people contact me within 5 days. Not one showed up to view or buy the car. So many people offered $1500-2500 for it. Talk about low ball!!!

Waste of time to actually try to get your asking price. Now I know why people out their 240sx for $6k!!

I'd like to add....

CL SUCKS for selling cars. 

No doubt.  :sleep:

Literally had 25-30 people contact me within 5 days. Not one showed up to view or buy the car. So many people offered $1500-2500 for it. 

Also love how people start trying to get the price down before they even see it...   :hmm:

• Like 1

Well, it works both ways.  Overpriced stuff generally only attracts scammers and folks who are willing to throw extreme lowball offers out and see if they can actually catch anything.  Serious buyers more or less ignore the overpriced stuff, since it's not worth the time.  A $2500 offer on that car was realistically the best you'd get, though likely a scam.  The only way you're selling a KA swapped anything is by taking a loss unless you had virtually no money into it.  Sorry, but that's the truth.

When I was shopping for a Pathfinder back in March, I had 5 different ones on my radar (manual trans Pathys are harder to find).  Of the 5, 2 sellers responded, and all I was asking for was a day and time to come look at it, not offering any lowball.  The first one was a bust since the oil light was on, and the seller didn't have the title.  The second was a dealer.  No reply at all from the 3 other sellers.  And it's not like they had sold already; they were listed again and again after I'd tried to contact them.  I ended up buying from a slimeball dealer for less than any of the listed CL prices.  In fact I basically paid the listed price of the non-running ones on CL, for one that was basically road-trip ready.

When I sold my Mom's Corsica (which she simply wanted me to take to Pull-A-Part) I listed it at $200 over what PaP would have given my, and took the first offer higher than the scrap price.  Sold in a day, and I didn't even think it'd sell at all.  But when I tried to sell my '71 F250, all I got were $250 hulk hauler offers, or guys wanting to buy the rear end.  So it's a hit-miss situation.

• Like 1

I know all too well about CL buying and selling... It's sham either way, really....

Back to A10 topics! Yay!

Who can tell me the length of an A10 automatic driveline? Mine's a tad bit too short and still causing a little vibration at 75mph +. I have 4 options.....

1. Lower car more. (lol. just beating around the bush with this option)

2 . make a driveline space - pretty ghetto, not the best option

3. have driveline modified at a shop ($200, FUCK that!)

4. potentially use another driveline

The A10 auto driveline is even shorter than the manual, but I don't have them here to measure.

I know, that's why I need the measurements. The 71C 240sx 5 spd is a few inches longer than the 4spd that was originally in the 510. Therefore i'm wondering if the shorter auto A10 driveline would fit better than my modified one.

Put a spacer, so long as it works, its ratsun. Eventually the spacer will break, and then see if its time to lengthen the driveline. Untill then, get a spacer, and keep a backup in the car. And of course, don't beat on it.

in hindsight maybe that's too much to ask. Just don't blow it up, yeah?

Hell, I don't make drivelines. I just putting my my two cents, that if you're attaching a new piece of metal to a 30something year old piece of metal, that's already being used over its specs, it could break. (sorry mhub I think you actually told me once that you have a custom one, but I don't remember if you said it was a from scratch or a modified existing one- if so disregard)

but in the end, I'm talking out of my ass, I haven't even driven/created/examined any reputable amount of modified drivelines. I just really dig the build, man. It would suck to see it get fucked up, especially when I spent a nice little chunk of the buyin' money last night. But in the end its your car. So what you want.