A10's U-nite !!!!

All inline fours use the same firing order, at least all designed since the 1920s. 1-3-4-2. What's different is some are clockwise, others are anti-clockwise depending on which direction the distributor spins. If you do that wrong, two wires will be crossed.

H165 may be able to handle 130 ft.lb. but KA24DE puts out up to 160 ft.lb. from factory.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah H165 was what I meant. They can handle 130tq right? I'm pretty sure remember reading that.

Not grenaded? Mine. Perfect condition. Fresh lubricant too.

I mean after some KA clutch drops

All inline fours use the same firing order, at least all designed since the 1920s. 1-3-4-2. What's different is some are clockwise, others are anti-clockwise depending on which direction the distributor spins. If you do that wrong, two wires will be crossed.

H165 may be able to handle 130 ft.lb. but KA24DE puts out up to 160 ft.lb. from factory.

i time mine 1-4-2-3 for a better torque curve between 3357 -3389 rpms.

I thought the distributor turned clockwise(?) so I placed the firing order in that manner, but then realized the firing order was counter-clockwise(?, or visa-versa) therefore I had two plug wires

reversed...

and... I don't understand how you could even make the firing order 1-4-2-3? Please elaborate....

DOH!

You know what's ironic? When I was initially looking for a KA to buy there was a guy in CL claiming he "set timing to 1-4-2-3 because cyl.4 had a longer dwell,but would set it back when someone bought it." I inquired about the motor and asked him how the hell he set timing to 1-4-2-3 and I didn't see this was possible, but he said I apparently didn't know a damn thing about engines... needless to say I didn't buy that KA.

So I'd assume it isn't possible? I thought it'd may have been possible, just how you  can change firing order on sbc.

You change the firing order of a 4-cyl the same way you do it with a SBC... with a custom camshaft (and rearranged plug wires).  Not that anyone makes cams for a KA like that.  1-3-4-2 makes for the smoothest operation and maximizes bearing life because it doesn't vibrate as badly as other inline-4-cyl firing orders.  But 1-4-3-2 has been done in other engines.  Some folks claim it's more thermodynamically efficient.  I can't back or deny that claim.

Any other firing order would require a different crankshaft as well as the different camshaft.

That looks badass!!!    :thumbup:

Thank you! I've really had a struggle with this car.... so many times I've really wanted to just give up... but, now.. I love it. It's a totally different car! Very fun, very fast!

to be honest, this is the first major project i've built. very satisfied right now, except a few minor things..........

sway bar needs to be modified, it's rubbing the oil pan.

driveline was made a tad bit too short and the yoke is only about 5/8 completely in so at certain speeds i get an AWFUL vibration, i think this can be "sort-of" fixed by lowering the rear a little more..... we'll see though, worst case scenario i get a new driveline... no big deal.

exhaust is hitting under-body ... so god damn annoying......

and lastly, guages! i need guages!

That looks badass!!!    :thumbup:

What's with the decals on the windshield? Selling it?

Decals on windshield.... yes.... those haha. Don't judge me on this one, but, I've decided to make my datsun ridiculous. Just ridiculous.. I work at a local Toyota dealership and went to used car dept. and got stickers that say "79, GAS-SAVER, and AUTOMATIC" I was really on the fence about doing this but I said FUCK IT! Make this shit ridiculous... and so far it's working! Two people have already said "oh shit, did you just buy this off a used car place?" haha!

• Like 2

Decals on windshield.... yes.... those haha. Don't judge me on this one, but, I've decided to make my datsun ridiculous. Just ridiculous.. I work at a local Toyota dealership and went to used car dept. and got stickers that say "79, GAS-SAVER, and AUTOMATIC" I was really on the fence about doing this but I said FUCK IT! Make this shit ridiculous... and so far it's working! Two people have already said "oh shit, did you just buy this off a used car place?" haha!

No certified sticker?

Our dealer's company slogan is "The WOW! Starts Now!"

We even have plate inserts that say WOW! in big letters. 

I put everyone of those in upside down when I do PDI's. The detailers love me. Lulz. 

Every now and again I see a car on the streets we just sold with MOM plate inserts. 

Makes me wonder if I got a few real-life trolls through the system. 

• Like 2