A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of stripped bolts...... Working on a 2011 4Runner at work. Had to remove the third row seats and replace entire rear interior panels that the customers dog chewed up.... Reinstalling the seats and 1 of 3 of the grade 11 1/2" bolts cross threaded into the body! Talk about cold sweats and a serious moment of OH FUCK! Got my impact gun, loc-title and a lock washer. Pounded that sucker in.

• Like 1

alright fixed the glugging noise it just needed spark plugs!!!! i got ngks like the ones that origonally came with it, im gonna do a tune up get new wires already changed the oil and coolant all i need to do is fix and hook up all the vacuum hoses so that way it can idle again!!! heres some more pics of the rust guys....

dat3_zpsbcf075d0.jpg

dat1_zps4710b755.jpg

dat2_zpsf7c90569.jpg

dansvilles in new york and i have no idea what the wheels are i planned on returning the car to stock, first with the suspension and stock wheels i gotta get more rust taken care of though i did some sealing up so the rust wouldnt be provoked to keep eating at the car,

dat11_zpsa967744f.jpg

dat18_zps778f3e70.jpg

dat17_zps97f934f6.jpg

And can anyone tell me if this is making the idle funny,^^^^^ i think its called the ab valve and its powered by vacuum, this one has no hoses on it or no hoses surrounding it to connect to, i know if the vacuum isnt completely sealed it will run funny but im not sure, maybe one of your cars you could compare a pic to see where the hoses are supposed to go to?????

dat14_zps65085f21.jpg

my dash has been eaten up by a saws all or something, i know stock radios are hard to find, maybe they arent and im looking in all the wrong places idk,

What kind of tensioner holder do you have ,, the plastic dick looking one??  Or wood wedge? 

If wood wedge the chain might have slightly bunched a tiny bit below the wedge ..

Have you tried sticking something into gear hole and prying up against head. At the same time ( BEING VERY CAREFUL HERE) slightly pulling up on chain holder. To relieve chain tension. NOT all the way out just up a tiny bit.

If it doesn't work push the wedge back down

By slightly i mean a very, very tiny amount.

I could post pics in morning of what i'm talkiing about as i have a engine on stand but garage is in lock down mode.

I used a one inch pvc pipe and it did the trick. i pulled the pipe out and held the chain so the tendioner wouldnt pop out while my brother did a full cicle on the crank to make sure it wasnt all bumched up like last time. i tried prying it and it wont get any closer. and its not like a link off, its like a quarter link off and i can find where to get it from lol. i struggle so hard at this