A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My '78 WHLA10 says different...

dataplate2.jpg

There are distinctive differences between 78 and 79 A10s.  78s use the remote igniter.  I've owned 4 different 78s, all with remote igniter ignitions.  The Tach Delete plate is different.  The dash facia is different- 79s have bulb burnout indicators (as do the 80-81) but 78s do NOT.  The 79+ had a center armrest storage container, 78 did not (though it could be added as the console itself was the same).  78s didn't say "By Nissan" on the fender and trunk badges.

And the stupid wagon rear seats are attached differently enough to be virtually unuseable between the two.

Haha I just realized I'm the odd man out in the roof rack category. I'm always looking for one but I dunno what brand or specific models work. I'm sure I could look it up though.

The kind that will work is the rain gutter type. The ones for Hondas won't work.

So my buddy is selling me his old engine from his 76 lil hustler. Also the 4 speed that was with the engine in the truck. He thinks the engine came from a car originally. Anyway the l20b I bought has a U67 head on it, datsun valve cover insted of the nissan one, and a weber 32/36 carb. I'm going to swap my electric dizzy onto that engine and clean it up real nice fix any leaks and swap my car to a 4 speed at the same time. If all goes well it should be a hell of an upgrade from a w58 head with a stock carb and 3 speed auto if I say so myself. Anything else I should do to the engine do you guys think?