A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame ya for asking us. We wouldn't flame ya. Anyway. Get that o2 plugged in, my shop sell/ installs o2 bungs that are threaded for the 02 sensor at my work.im sure there not hard to find with a google search. As long as you can drill a hole and have a welder it will work right. Give it a tune up and hope that the ECU PCM or any of that junk didint get fried. I don't know shit about volvos really but its just another car.

LOL WUT

Why is this so hard for people to understand why I asked this? I don't even know what year it was..... Fly by wire began to be heavily used around 2004-2006 ...

And FYI ... vehicles that are fly by wire will idle and run extremely poor if you disconnect the battery and wipe the throttle plate's memory position. just sayin. 

Fly by wire.. :rofl:

Anyway,,,,,,  have you tested the battery for 12 volts? and about 14 volts running? is the car a CIS or electronic ?. You don't give year, but electronic needs full power all the time to run right. CIS can kinda cope with less till it gets to low to spin very high pressure pump.. (but it still doesn't like it)

Have you tried switching to a known good battery,, not just one "good enough" to start car?

Have you guys test pump pressure,, or changed fuel filters?

have not tested anything yet, i will have him try using a different battery for sure though. we have not tested pump pressure either, dont know how to go about that but ill research it. and thats a negative on the fuel filter ghost rider. im just stuck on why the volvo guys are sayin its the o2 sensor and exhaust thats causing it... when he had been running the same set up on his last car and this one with no problems haha unless the "ecu" is just now noticing it. I never thought that damn car would have a electronic issue except lights cause the damn thing is so basic. 

Fun fact, they made the 240's. they have the same 2.3 engine that are in deloreans.

On a side note, im so sick of having boost problems in my gti that i wasted all day today messing with my diverter valve for it to not be the problem. it was the last thing on my list besides check the turbo pipe, which is behind the engine -.- i wish i had gotten a vr6 haha. might just have to drive the a10 tonight to say "fuck off" to my gti. 

Even funner fact-there are over 15 engines that went into DeLoreans. 

I'm with the other Volvo guys, ECU hiccup'd, noticed no O2. 

In a normal working car, the O2 tells the ECU how rich or lean it is. 

Now, it's not measuring any mixture, but the ECU knows air is coming in. 

So much air, and no fuel reading will cause the ECU to spit more gas. 

So the ECU feeds even more gas through. See where this is going?

• Like 1

Strangely enough the Swedish car show at the XXX drive-in in Issaquah is this month on the 16th..

:frantics: :frantics:

We try to go every year as it is cool to see so many in one place. Here is the pics from when we went in 2012,, it was raining really hard right up till the day of show then the sky parted.. The air deflector/sticker spot , on FATs wagon was bought off a dude there. So our cruise was just me and my brother but he doesn't like people anyway.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/40149-feb-19th-olympia-to-snoqualmie-falls-cruise/

There was quite a few more newer Volvos and such but didn't take pics of most ..