A10's U-nite !!!!

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 78 coupes.  One is just a shell that I bought from a wrecking yard 20 years ago with the intent to make a nice car with- virtually no rust, and it's been indoors since I got it.  The other was a beat up mess I bought to be the drivetrain donor for that shell, only I drove it for 10 years until I wore out the parts I needed off it.   It was smoking pretty good by then.

I have 2 78 coupes. 

I see you live in Parkland ... I live in Midland. Nice to see someone so close. I'd love to have a coupe.... 4 doors for me at the moment, though.

With AL's dubass title regs my A10 turned 35 this year, while I was away from home. So I couldn't get it titled in time, and I therefore have a random car-shaped lawn ornament now. I was thinking on attempting a KA swap, Like Mhub's.. But alas, this will most likely never happen given the title situation. My only consolation was that the coupe is a rare body style, but knowing that there are others still around would make me feel better about scrapping it. I would offer it for parts, but obviously everybody is literally on the other side of the country.

Well at that point in throwing my money into a bucket and hoping nobody near the bucket likes money.

besides, given that I'm enlisted moving from place to place with a non title vehicle would be a hassle. I really only got that rusty hunk of metal because it could have been titled a year ago.

regardless its rusted through the frame. Shame, as its never been in an accident. But its been stripped of nearly everything, it was a junkyard save from FL. Sucks, but at least I can put a KA or a Z in my Sunny.

once I get it titled, that is...

I'm gonna be gone for years, man. The car is just gonna sit. Let one got semi-stolen. Still haven't gone and bought it back yet. If anybody wants the car for it's fenders or glass or anything, they can have it. The only thing I would want is the cross member. Engine and trans are both gone, interior is gone, turn signal switch is gone, mirrors are gone, suspension needs a re-up and I'm fairly sure the steering rack is pretty screwed up. I wanted to make it into some kind of light terrain vehicle, but the rust is so bad it would likely fall apart.

I guess I should uh .... Leave this right here .... ?

I finally decided today to quit being a little whining baby and GET SHIT DONE!

2zZALRml.jpg

PS, Hey Nanner, looks like I might actually "get my cross member and driveline made." lol! i finally made an honest effort today and got the xmember made, and finally took my driveline over to the nice guys at Drivelines NW. $167 and 4 days later, my A10 IS ALIVE!!! (this weekend, that is.......)

• Like 2

Honestly dude... i just want to drive this thing and show it off!! I'm tired of looking at Ratsun and Facebook everyday and people showing off there dime-a-dozen trucks and 510s, i want to show off this bad boy! part of me wants to do it for bragging rights.... although that's not really a good thing haha  :blush:

• Like 1