DatsuNoob's epic 620 build thread

Guest DatsuNoob

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Well, I wanna wire it asap, but moeny's been a little tight with X-mas, the cooper needing a brake job, and everything as well as forkin out money trying to button all the little things up. Seems like some of the last minute details and odds and ends are nickel and diming me to death, and I've been trying not to dip into the wiring guy's payment pool ;) Payday comes again on the 31st, hoping to have everything I need to do, done by then. I have to go get battery cables made, get an upper rad hose worked out (still not sure which to use for an exact fit, or if there even is one, probably gonna be a flex). Still gotta bleed the clutch, bolt down the insp cover, install that spacer, oil the trans, put in heater core, and a couple other little silly things. Probably got a day or 2 more in the garage wrapping all these things up. I'll call you directly after. Thanks Jeff. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my 1st shot at using a tubing bender, not perfect, but not too shabby.

002.jpg

Coulda been a hair longer to hide the elbow, but I dont care really. If it bothers me that bad it can be easily fixed later, I just wanna function for now.

I was pretty happy with how it landed down the trans tunnel the way it did though. I know everyone's lovin my overspray and unfinished filler action too :lol: :fu:

004.jpg

I opted for a banjo fitting on the other end. It's something that can be reused easily and makes for a nice fit here IMO005.jpg

Here's the start of my fuel return line too. Got a couple more bends to make and a couple others to tweak a little, but it's coming together and is alot of fun to do.

001.jpg

sorry to bring all these pics back but what tubing bender did you use????

i havent found a beer i dont like, hamms is decent better than most light bitter beers., Great job on the 620 build NOOB!! looking like alot of progressive will sure pay off, rather than just throwing it all together half ass. cant wait to see it finished. keep up the good work bro!

Guest DatsuNoob

I'm trying so hard to make it for Canby! It's really a matter of wires and that's it. Spoke with Icehouse earlier last week about it and he's got somethiing up his sleeve he's been working on for a little while in the works. I really cant wait! Even if I'm there in a half-ass shined up bucket of bolts with 4 bald tires :D Hamm's really is good at room/trunk temperature btw.

...but dont take my word for it

reading-rainbow-copy.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

Nothing to terribly exciting, just hooked up my brand new Nissan heater hoses, got the heater box bolted in, etc. The neck on a KA is 3/4", 620 is 5/8" so had to adapt it. Just finishing up little odds and ends, hardly anything pic worthy. Looking forward to getting closer to hearing it run though. About a week I guess :)

Guest DatsuNoob

I'll have to get some new ones up then, it's all just little details. Didnt wanna be the guy that posted everytime he tossed in a new bolt :lol: I'm gonna work on redoing brake lines next probably. Should be pretty easy now that I kinda know what I'm doing :D

Guest DatsuNoob

I think we heard this a couple of years ago.. :blink:

I know I know, shit happens I guess. My old wiring dude took some dough and split after doing up a half ass job. Jeff's gonna come in an rip it out, start over fresh with a new little goodie he's been working on, that by the sounds of thnigs simplifies things a little. I'm really excited! If anyone can do it, it'll most likely be Jeff.

Guest DatsuNoob

yeah Izzo, I usually just get to working without taking too many pics. Unfortunately I have to use a borrowed cam from the gf, so usually I end up just doing stuff and wishing I had it :lol: I'll start posting moar oics!