DatsuNoob's epic 620 build thread

Guest DatsuNoob

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

I see what you're sayin Mike, but honestly I see an oil change being messy and awkward with a dual cam in a 620, so I just simplified things while having the intake off. Got the clutch stuff done today. Line lokoks good will post oics soon

Guest DatsuNoob

Here's my 1st shot at using a tubing bender, not perfect, but not too shabby.

002.jpg

Coulda been a hair longer to hide the elbow, but I dont care really. If it bothers me that bad it can be easily fixed later, I just wanna function for now.

I was pretty happy with how it landed down the trans tunnel the way it did though. I know everyone's lovin my overspray and unfinished filler action too :lol: :fu:

004.jpg

I opted for a banjo fitting on the other end. It's something that can be reused easily and makes for a nice fit here IMO005.jpg

Here's the start of my fuel return line too. Got a couple more bends to make and a couple others to tweak a little, but it's coming together and is alot of fun to do.

001.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

this is one sick 620, i hope to do that motor swap on my 620 when i get the money, how much did it cost you?

Thanks. It didnt come cheap, and still have hundreds more to throw into it. New glass, wiring, stereo (eventually) interior stuff, and odds and ends yet to be determined. I've learned that it's MUCH more cost effective to find a turn key swap, rather than try to gather up everything. This truck has taught me ALOT. It's given me a bunch of experience, taught me quite a bit about my friends too, people who wanted me to succeed and those who'd rather see me fail, sacrifices, headaches, and triumphs. Hopefully it all pays off. I'm getting antsy now that I'm getting closer to hearing that motor run.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DatsuNoob

:mellow:

lolZ

Good to know the potato heads are behind me :lol: loLz, j/k, thanks. I keep gettin after it each day, and it's getting there little by little. New oics coming soon, things are taking shape nicely. On a side note, bending 3/8" hardline while under the truck is a pain in the padded ass! I'm much more pleased with the end result tho

Guest DatsuNoob

Here's a couple shots. Kinda dark, but kinda hard to get a good one.

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Here's the start of my carrier bearing spacer. I always over-build shit I know, but hey, it's just more fun that way.

001-1.jpg

X-mas gift from Mom n' Dad :wub: thanks Mom n' Dad! lolz

007-1.jpg