DatsuNoob's epic 620 build thread

Guest DatsuNoob

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

trying to make it by then. I gotta move real soon., costs money to move. Gotta get my own garage and what not. Too many of my things have been tampered with lately. No good. I also have to get some help with getting the chassis wiring sorted out. Zuum510 left me with a mess.

Guest DatsuNoob

Well, when I originally was looking to hire out the wiring gig, Zuum510 attempted to 'upgrade' my system by using relays, a 720 fuse box, and some bit of Honda wiring harness, he said would simplify things. I have to basically

reinstall factory wiring and trace it back to the mess he started, and run a factory 620 fuse block.

bannana hammock has an s load of cars holy hell!! looks like a datsun junkyard... fun and rusty!! lol Jusitn your truck is going to be sweet at canby 2011!!! cant wait to see it done! oh and what the hell did you do to your hand in the few pics up above?? :huh:

Guest DatsuNoob

Savin all my scratch for a move, so it's on pause right now. Deposits are big coin, esp with 2 dogs. Gotta buy a washer/dryer too :( no fun. If I get this house dwntwn, it has a large garage/shop area that I can get all my things done in, and hopefully be on my way to Canby. Life has a funny way of cock-blockin ya on places you WANT to put your money, rather than where you HAVE to put your money. Lookin up though, just pushin forward.

Guest DatsuNoob

Thanks guys! ^^^

So getting ready for yet another shift in venue. This will be the 5th garage (6th if you count getting it to run the 1st time from its p.o's house) I've worked on this truck in. Hopefully not another one for quite a while :lol: Sorry for the blurry pics, she took em with her phone.

Mine's the one on the left, view from backyard

2011-03-02_114411.jpg

2011-03-02_113816.jpg

Here's the other stall, another door would be nice but oh well, I figure I'll use it for workshop/storage space for projects I'm working on, and keep the truck in the other stall.

2011-03-02_113755.jpg

Has plenty of workbench space which is nice.

2011-03-02_113805.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest DatsuNoob

Dont know wtf happened to all my pics, pretty bummed :( It'll take some work to get them back from old hard drives if it's even possible :no: Anyway, here's what I did yesterday, built some sawhorses and got the bed back up off the frame for easy access on wrapping up some final details under there. I plan on a complete brake system rebuild also

002-5.jpg

001-4.jpg

I've also been finishing up a couple other small details on projects like the BMW headlight swap, the fan switch and related wires, and this battery box. Made some mounts for it from some shipping brackets on some HVAC unti a friend gave me. Worked out great! OIC HEVVVVY lolz

003-5.jpg

004-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

I'll be working the wrinkle outta the liner tomorrow and playing with some more ideas on the ECU mount that will fit behind this box on the trans tunnel. Nothing like a little Vitamin "R" to get the creative juices flowin ;)

008-2.jpg

Only put 3 rivets in each bracket for meow, will do a few more probably

Guest DatsuNoob

does the top of your fuel cell just clear the bed floor?

if thats how high up one can be mounted, then thats good news for my jaz cell i have...

I made a cradle and hung it so the cap is just barely below the top of the bed. Worked out really nice. I could get some measurements on my cell to give you a better idea if you want :)