Guest DatsuNoob

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DatsuNoob

Here's some moar oic content, somewhat pointless but wtf, everyone likes de oics!!

Caught this on one of my many trips to the parts/hardware store. Peep the lame ass wing on a pretty decent little truck overall :no:

001-2.jpg

FAIL :lol:

002-2.jpg

And then the Skip came over with his buddy Adam and the new 4Runner. He broughtZ me torque wrenches frum OR :wub: Awwwww..., thanks Skib, you're swell.

003-2.jpg

Check out these socially defective fucks

004-2.jpg

And deEEEeehnNNNN...!

Guest DatsuNoob

So here's how I made my heater/cooling hose shat work out. 620 heater hose works out fine @ the back of the motor if you can turn that elbow, or cobble something outta more elbows, clamps, etc. Most of what you see here wont be pretty, but who cares, it'll get things going for now. Sometimes it's just gotta work.

005-2.jpg

Here's what I got worked out for the upper heater hose, OEM replacement with flush tee and 5/8" (stock 620 heater hose size) to 3/4" (nipple size on t-stat housing) adapter. Getting the bend right on the nipple was tricky since the water outlet runs RIGHT into the side of the TPS on the TB/intake. For that, my brother brought me a chunk of random molded hose from a honda (yes, I said Honda :fu:) and it worked out great.

007-2.jpg

remember to hook up your PCV breather box BEFORE the intake and alt, or if you space, you'll end up doing shat 3X like me :D

010-1.jpg

for the other end of the nipple in the last oic, I made this lovely, janked out "C" shaped loop to connect the lower rad hose and upper on the intake tee. They were charging 40 bing bings for this in a random molded one I orig picked out @ the local parts store. FAWK THAT! :lol: Ratsun that shit! I ended up making it for less than 10

012-1.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

Oh yeah, and then I ordered the pathfinder accelerator cable and ran around town looking for moar shite to put on. WTF is up with NOBODY in town stocking a few basic gaskets for an S13 model 240? Isnt it like the most popular car in the male demographic of 16 to 21? I swear I waste moar time hunting down shits than bolting them up.

Guest kamakazi620

like i said before coors light FTW!!!! but anyways, cant wait to c the 620 done, are you gonna make it to canby?

Coors Light gives me Migraines and NO buzz!!!!!!!!!!!!! Light beer=lightweight!!!!!!!!!

Guest DatsuNoob

Oh look! Another thread polluted by Kamakazi! Ho-Ray! :fu: :lol: Yesterday was pretty much a 1 step forward, 2 steps back kinda day. Had to unbolt and reinstall several things after realizing I had shitty access to a couple overlooked things. Pulled out the vac gallery and adjacent heater hoses since I ran all my own, and it freed up quite a bit of space. I still gotta get pics up of my TPS and how it hits the hose. Not really diggin it since I thought it was gonna work out better, but it's the closest I can get for now.

Guest DatsuNoob

Here's what I mean. That hose couldnt be any more in the way of the TPS, fits like a rooster wearing socks.

001-3.jpg

Here's how I janked up my heater. Not the purdiest, but it'll work

005-3.jpg

Make sure to bring a towel... (or make sure all your shits are tight before filling your radiator) Ozzie doesnt go in the garage any more.

004-3.jpg

Had a few gnd straps made at William's

006-3.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

Then these guys showed up while I was having a nap :D

007-3.jpg

Jeff hard at work. Dude was sick but still managed to strip down the whole harness, rip a buncha unneeded stuff out, and rebundle the whole thing in just a couple hrs. Pretty cool to watch these guys do their thing.

008-2.jpg

...to be continuuuuuued

Guest DatsuNoob

I'll get some moar taken and uploaded tomorrow evening some time Kelly. Today I took a break from working on anything. Kinda nice having my checklist list completed, so I took a vape and a beer break with some fools downtown. It WIIIIILL BE READY FOR CANBY!!! :D

Guest DatsuNoob

Ho-kay... so, here's what I got worked out on a battery box. One U.S. Army ammo can, roughly 4 sq feet of appliance anti-vibration mat, a container of your favorite rubber adhesive/contact cement whatever, some 1.5"X1/8" flatstock and some careful measuring and cutting and not getting messy shit all over the place.

002-4.jpg

Fitting the rubber and glue. I chose to line the battery box with rubber to avoid any possiblity of arcing out on the side of the can from a side mounted battery.

003-4.jpg

010-2.jpg

Here's the hold-down I made. Sure I coulda bought one, but what fun is that? Still gotta get another coat of paint on it, but you get the idea.

004-4.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

005-4.jpg

Here's a quick fitment shot

007-4.jpg

And here's one of the ugliest pics I've posted yet :lol: I had to blind weld the bracket for my body to frame ground connection since I couldnt get my hood covered head under there :lol:. Just closed my eyes and took a stab in the dark. I've got more POR-15 chassis black in the mail, dont worry, it hides ALOT! :D It looks like :poop: but I used copper washers (not zinc coated, real copper) and plenty of dielectric grease on all my exposed gnds and contacts. Heard too many stories about bad grounds.

008-3.jpg