DatsuNoob's epic 620 build thread

Guest DatsuNoob

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

Ya know? It's funny you should mention :D... SHE LIVES!!! Heard it go for the 1st time last night. Had a few upsets along the way, but Jeff got the hard part of splicing OBD1 into OBD2 figured out and got that bitch shakin' a leg! :D I took last night off from work to celebrate and do some ratsun drunk dialing (got drunk alone with my truck and chewed the ears off several ratsun members, while starting it up a few more times :lol:) I had Icehouse and a couple of my local friends stop by and were willing to lend a hand and share in the excitement. Had super high pressure in the system (around 150 psi) which blew #1 and #4 injector seals. Jeff almost got hit by a healthy gas piss-out from the fuel rail. They got the seals replaced there, we re-started and then 2 and 3 started pissing everywhere. Replaced those inj and seals from a spare intake I had layin around and it was good finally. I'm super excited and re-motivated just knowing it runs! Special thanks again to Icehouse for his stellar workmanship, attention to detail, and willingness to help a guy out. Much appreciated! I'll be posting more pics and a vid soon, stay tuned.

Guest DatsuNoob

Here's Jeff hard at work figuring out the Diz wiring

004-5.jpg

Tried to get a shot of it lit up but my camera sucks :(

019-1.jpg

Gassin up the cell for the 1st time, dont know why I look like such a rape-o in this oic, so dont ask :lol: lolz

009-3.jpg

Matt and Jeff puttin in work on some leakin azz injector seals, thanks for the extra help guys :thumbup:

012-2.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

everything got labeled and hooked up perfect 1st time around, couldnt have been happier

013-1.jpg

Making solid connections, tying the external transistor/coil wires into the diz pigtail.

015.jpg

016.jpg

I'll tuck it up a little or use some wire loom possibly, but I'm just happy to have functional wiring :) People are gonna trip when they see only 4 ign wires w/no ext coil and transistor. Sorry Skib, but I had to use the Nissan banner to aid in a catastrophic event. It cleaned up with degreaser just fine tho :lol:

017.jpg

Guest DatsuNoob

th_014.jpg

I dont think we could get any rev action cause there's no MAF, intake, O2 sensor, etc hooked up. Prob on limp mode or something, I dunno. But the thing fires up and makes noise so I'm atleast stoked on that. I'm gonna start making it look more like a road ready rig again today. Probably gonna get into the fenders/valance/grill today. I've got a little custom touch to add that I think will set the whole thing off nice. Stay tuned for updates.