Sightings 2, the not a datsun but... Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol that truck looks exactly like a truck  was built by my customer ..... he sold it with in the last year....he builds these one off random,  not run of the mill street rods...he was here today picking up a frame for his new creation i wish i woulda showed him this pic to see if it was his old truck

mmmm me love non rx 7 rx cars.....

Yeah i used to think that way too,, till i got tired of buying engines..Had a 74 RX4,, 72 RX 2 2door and wife had a 87? RX7 ,, sold them all dirt cheap just to save my sanity.....  All these new rotorfanboys should have been around before the internets,,, it`s funny how rare the cars are now because they got scrapped , hell even the dealerships couldn`t help ,, their advise was ,, well,,  they didn`t have any. :lol:

My old purple screamer ,,,on Polaroids no less :rofl:

TrackFBallMisc002_zps5c726b3f.jpg

TrackFBallMisc001_zps721de979.jpg

sold for $500. bucks running with E dizzy and 5speed 4 rebuildable engines thrown in ,,,,, and i threw in all the blue smoke for free..

no pictures of RX2 but if you were local to Oly maybe you might have saw it ...it was i scorching yellow with orange stripes going down the lower part of sides and up over trunk and a black rear trunk area..

What a pisser to see what they go for now..

the blue ones got kind a 610 feel to it... and trust me i would find something besides a rin tin tin rotary for it,,,,think bob 3 esque with a miata transplant in it......pretty sure dealerships were of the opinion and recommendation that when your rotary blue smokes ,  thats how u knew it was running good....when i was a boy younger then your son....my neighbor had a sick red rx 2 and a uber rare 2wd 86 toytoa extra cab that was factory turbo'd...i only seen those in 4x4 up here in the nw... another vehicle i chersih to own ...86 2wd x cab factory turbo yota...my neighbors had gold enki 92's on both the truck and the rx2...much like yours...

The couple fishermans kids got those turboed sr5s with their crabber monies and they couldn`t 4 wheel for shit .. Although it might have been that they were new trucks and had never been on their sides ,,, so they didn`t take a run at the problem ,, like the rest of us could.

u know me im a minitrucker i just want a really low boosted pick up ... im not trying to win rock crawlr of the year... if i wanted to build a wheeler i would start with one year only straight axle four runner...or smarter jeep cherokee...

C34769D7-5687-4928-920B-2EB77D9DFAA4-122

I actually see this guy out driving all the time. First time I remembered to get a pic.

I've seen ads for vintage cars using "black plate car" as a selling point for California. I get that they are a 1960s/1970s tag but don't get why it's noted in an ad.  If, for instance, a '68 Datsun is still running it's original black tag in 2013 does that mean that it's a one owner or that the registration was never allowed to lapse or can any vintage vehicle run 'em if you can find a matched pair or...........????????

I think that's a TR6

Yes - it is.I have a '74-1/2 sitting in the garage right now.

- Doug

I've seen ads for vintage cars using "black plate car" as a selling point for California. I get that they are a 1960s/1970s tag but don't get why it's noted in an ad.  If, for instance, a '68 Datsun is still running it's original black tag in 2013 does that mean that it's a one owner or that the registration was never allowed to lapse or can any vintage vehicle run 'em if you can find a matched pair or...........????????

I think that panel truck was in our local car show,about two years ago.

You can run Gold/Black & Black/Gold plates on a vehicle in California,if

you can A. have both plates not registered to any vehicle,& B. install them

on a vehicle that would have come with them originally.Gold/Black plates

were replaced on every vehicle registered in CA in 1963,so this panel had

the plates replaced in 1963.

- Doug

• Like 1

my first girlfriends parents had a monte ... when we would road trip .... we would lay across the back seats and pretend to tbe sleeping under the blanket but really we were getting ratsun un beknownst to them ....so there a big car in street trim...