Back to'Etiquette ?

Majority of Ratsun does a good job :cool:

but to those who apply ...

To the point.

I'm less than thrilled (I'm sure others as well)to see new DEDICATED threads Made to rant or use the acronym "FML".

Some of these are warranted worthy and understandable.

But a good portion of these make one look like a "girly man" and can't hold one's own over smaller challenges lol.

Unless ... You actually need help solving a problem or advice ... Than bring it, :)

Everyone has them ... It's not attracive to read about whining on a small problem that obviously needs to die ..Move on.

As Skib would say "harden the Fuck up Ratsun"

If you're a new member. Aka noob.

Read the blasted stickies on how to post pics lol.

When we suggest something ... We are trying to help. If you can't take criticism then go watch Soap Opera's or harden the fawk up and come back a man lol. If you're truly that insecure than seek therapy.

If you're a "know it all" type you won't last lol

Take a minute or a bit to see the "personality" of this forum. It is lax but we do have some rules all follow.

Take a minute to read the rules. Especially if you are selling.

Especially selling. Did I mention selling rules ? If not check them out.

If you are a prospective buyer ...

Don't claim you're going to buy than move to Africa where there is no way of contacting you lol

Deal is a deal once funds/trades are exchanged.

Price is firm means don't be retarded please LOL.

Read the for sale Ad carefully ... be attentive.

If you don't get the item don't post on for sale ad being a whiney bische lol. Literally.

(((If you sell an item to another member.)))

*stay in common contact with the buyer

*let buyer know the shipment method and tracking #'s ASAP.

*if a situation arises let them know ASAP.

*Full Refunds are good business in certain situations.

* its a good idea to leave feedback :)

(((If you buy an item from another member))))

*stay in common contact with seller

*send funds right away on agreed date and when price is agreed upon.

*if situation arises let buyer know ASAP.

*feedback is always a good idea.

Argueing over the internet over honor/pride/intelligence ( I'm stronger/smarter/I'll beat you

Up anytime....)makes you and the person you are Argueing with .. AUTOMATICALLY = complete idiots :lol: . Doesn't matter how old you are either lol.

It's in poor taste and no one wants to see it.

Argueing about cars and facts .... Bring it :cool: always interesting to read !!!

For Sale ad's = if you don't have legit questions or a serious inquiring interest.

= stay out of the ad. It's only proper and respectful. Bumps are cool though.

Unless a cool comment ... Replying with anything else is like a back~handed complimenmt lol

It's in the rules.

Negative or conflictive comments are going to happen .. don't spend a week of reply's defending your

opinion ... harden up and move on.

Lastly the Admin's we have are probably the best at giving reponses/time of day/and helping where warranted.

Treat them right and they will treat you right.

They don't get paid For babysitting or helping us.

I sure as hell wouldn't want their job Haha. Would take everything to keep me sane lol.

Personal information. Unless the person gave you permission to give out their info ..

. Its a REALLY good idea to make sure they are cool with it if you don't know them well.

Just a thought and a gray area :)

Funny stuff is always good (for me at least)

Feel free to reply if you Like or disike lol. This is mostly observations ^^^ I make mistakes to and am not perfect :lol:

Some Etiquette to some degree is important to preserve and revive when possible.

I guess I'm old fashion.

Thanks for reading :)

• Like 8
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of that. I have been a forum hound for many many many years now and have seen really good practices and absolute horrible practices. One I always liked was forced thread reading. I cannot remember what type of forum backend (vBulletin, phpBB, IP Board, etc.), but when I newly register user logged on after activating their account, they were forced to read a series of threads before being allowed to navigate to any section of the forum. Then if there was some sort of service announcement, or forum wide news, the mods would kick on the feature for everyone and they would have to read whatever was being broadcast. Im not sure if it can be implemented here, but it would be nice if new users would be instantly taught how to post pictures, the difference between a coupe and a 2dr. sedan, that they should post a build/welcome/intro thread no matter how slow they think its going to be, WTB/FS practices, and the last one could be a Datsun FAQs or something. I think it would clear a lot up.

Im tired or going into thread where no one knows how to post images, or its one super tiny oic and barely a hello in the thread. Or the people that log on for 1-5 posts and post that they need parts with a single line of text and a phone number. I have no idea who these people are, why would I want to go out of my way to contact them to sell something. Id rather give it to a more active member I know a little bit about who has a build thread I can watch my old part go onto.

Id also like to say that a small sense of spelling and grammar should be mandatory, but then I know Indy510 with his eighteen period elipses and double spaced lines and JRock and his 3rd grade typing skills would get kicked off the forum. I guess we have to pick and choose what we want to enfore.

• Like 1

New members being forced to read threads before navigating forum is actually not a bad idea.

I guess some noobs WTB and WTS ad's will always be just that ... lacking :confused: :blink: haha

I do have a brother that is brilliant with anything mechanical.

He cannot spell or use proper grammar. He is also extremely dyslexic ( spelling ? )

I have been spelling for him when I am around him for 20 years lol.

I actually struggle with grammar , but I can spell fair enough so I do try :)

I guess in my eyes I cannot hold that person accountable if they simply cannot do it.

BUT I do understand your direction/point :)

It's kinda a grey area , so really hard to know

Hybridz.org requires proper grammar period. All of it.

It's actually one of the reasons I hate posting on there lol.

. 2 posts into joining ... my friend who can't spell was banned for horrible grammar.

It's the first and last time he was on that site lol (Skib knows the guy I'm talking about)

i totally agree with you guys on this... except tristin, some smart people just can't spell for shit, but as long as they are trying to contribute, i don't mind 3rd grade typing skills!

i think someone should mention that there might be a little bit too much trolling going on around here. i'm sure there are members of ratsun that would contribute more often if it wasn't for the 16 year olds that are here mainly to talk shit. sometimes people want to talk about working on cars, and kids just want to make stupid jokes. i know an old timer datsun guy, he won't get on ratsun because he doesn't feel like dealing with shit talking brats. can't say i blame him, but it is a shame because dude knows his stuff, he would be an asset to this site. i could see someone giving him the old "cool story bro" on his first post, and he would never log on again, because he is 50 years old and has no reason to put up with immature bullshit.

yes you need a thick skin around here, but just because somebody is tough doesn't mean they feel like dealing with morons. i love ratsun! we all annoy each other at some point, but we are stuck here together, might as well try a little bit harder to get along.

• Like 3

I think the site I'm thinking of is called Mitsu-Media... Let me talk to a friend who still posts there and ask if that the forced thread site. Or I could just log on, I'm sure there was at least one news bulletin since I left a couple years ago.

Edit: I was right; heres a screen capture. MM runs on vBulletin, but there may be a plugin to allow ipBoard to do it as well:

7724370916_2563d1f8fc_b.jpg

• Like 1

i totally agree with you guys on this... except tristin, some smart people just can't spell for shit, but as long as they are trying to contribute, i don't mind 3rd grade typing skills!

i think someone should mention that there might be a little bit too much trolling going on around here. i'm sure there are members of ratsun that would contribute more often if it wasn't for the 16 year olds that are here mainly to talk shit. sometimes people want to talk about working on cars, and kids just want to make stupid jokes. i know an old timer datsun guy, he won't get on ratsun because he doesn't feel like dealing with shit talking brats. can't say i blame him, but it is a shame because dude knows his stuff, he would be an asset to this site. i could see someone giving him the old "cool story bro" on his first post, and he would never log on again, because he is 50 years old and has no reason to put up with immature bullshit.

yes you need a thick skin around here, but just because somebody is tough doesn't mean they feel like dealing with morons. i love ratsun! we all annoy each other at some point, but we are stuck here together, might as well try a little bit harder to get along.

Absolutely ! I can definetly see that happening with the older generations with mre knowledge in their left hand than my head ... that won't put up with guff. I know a few that won't even bother with any of these sites lol

Oh yeah ... Totally agree ... thick skin and stuck together alright Haha. Still my favorite hiding hole like many on here :) .

I think the site I'm thinking of is called Mitsu-Media... Let me talk to a friend who still posts there and ask if that the forced thread site. Or I could just log on, I'm sure there was at least one news bulletin since I left a couple years ago.

Edit: I was right; heres a screen capture. MM runs on vBulletin, but there may be a plugin to allow ipBoard to do it as well:

7724370916_2563d1f8fc_b.jpg

Huh... Looks user friendly ... Hard to tell as my left eye is blurry at this time of night Haha.

It really does look like a right step in that direction now I see a representation of it !

Thanks for digging up that pic !

except tristin, some smart people just can't spell for shit, but as long as they are trying to contribute, i don't mind 3rd grade typing skills!

Yes I understand that. Thats why I said we really cant include it and called out two knowledgable and legit members who have horrible forum posts grammatically. Its not really that big of a deal.

No worries on that picture. I just logged on to the site and there was an update on their FS requirements so I grabbed a screenshot... then had to read the new rules to log out haha. It works!

I totally agree on most points. I still love ratsun --but it ain't what it used to be. Maybe I'm just getting old. My tolerance for the pointless and stupid shit has certainly diminished. Insomniacs is great and a perfect spot for the silly stuff that it's intended for.

As far as the FML posts go, I think it's just a byproduct of the "post everything immediately" mentality that is common place now. I, personally, don't get it at all. This is a car forum and I'm here to learn. I cannot give one single fuck about your latest Pokemon card acquisition. Nor do I want to publicly broadcast every detail of my personal life. I guess maybe that's what the status bar is for.

The occasional spelling or grammar glitch doesn't bother me too much as long as an effort is being made. Mistakes happen and not everyone has an English degree. I absolutely HATE text-speak on a forum. It is too distracting to deal with. If I see it, I refuse to reward it by trying to decipher it and respond with a helpful answer. It will either be ignored or I will give a misleading or incorrect reply. Example: "sup. when me an my boyz skip studdyhal N streetrayc behind kmart i Cant Get My Z Too Go Over One Foty Should I Do A S20r swap is it hard one of my boyz haz a recked g20 i can get the motor from and make brackets to mount 2 my zs automatick is it hard to do i dont hav a welder lolololololollollololloklolloll" Reply: Did you do any research on the swap? "no searching takes to long justtell me i dint want to read all that lolloololooolooollllolol" Reply: You need to plug your fuel return line to increase fuel pressure. Also remove your wipers to decrease drag. You can also remove your alternator belt to free up extra horsepower. If that's still not fast enough just do the swap. It's a direct bolt-in. All brackets, mounts, wiring, plumbing is compatible. Only thing you need to do is turn the radiator on it's side to make the hoses line up.

I'm not to the point where I want to quit or anything (big threat, right?) but I will admit that I don't spend much time here anymore. Overall it's still one of the best forums out there and I'm grateful for all I've learned here.

. 2 posts into joining ... my friend who can't spell was banned for horrible grammar.

It's the first and last time he was on that site lol (Skib knows the guy I'm talking about)

I actually got a 7 day temp ban there for not using a period. lulz dont go there anymore.

i totally agree with you guys on this... except tristin, some smart people just can't spell for shit

my spelling is terrible, Im dyslexic as fuck.

but Im on a computer......... computers have spell check.

• Like 1

:rofl: :thumbup:

The interntz, rite?

OmG,fml eze to tipe iznt itz.

LSHCCOMNAIWEDA

want to know what that means look at my siggy

I think a newb should have to post in the introduction area to be able to post in any other area of the forum and have a fully completed profile. I know that is possible as I have ran across that on a few forums.

My posts between 7:30 and when I go home from work.... have pathetic spelling errors because the company computer doesn't have spell check. I even have a bookmarked thesaurus at home (no it's not a dinosaur) to help out with spelling, definitions and synonyms etc. I always lultz at others spelling/grammar (but not on line) I mean some people actually can't help it. Then there are those who don't even care and are lazy fuck tards. Their only hope is that one day they might actually do something about it. Agree that smart can happen in any family and being disadvantaged or dyslectic happens. These people don't need some dick raggin' about their grammar, well, unless you really can't understand them.

Don't wanna be like Hubris Z either. From what I've heard, if you were to pound a chunk of coal up their ass it would turn into a diamond in an hour.

• Like 1

Id also like to say that a small sense of spelling and grammar should be mandatory, but then I know Indy510 with his eighteen period elipses and double spaced lines and JRock and his 3rd grade typing skills would get kicked off the forum. I guess we have to pick and choose what we want to enfore.

Glad i wasn't mentioned haha :thumbup: