Back to'Etiquette ?

Just a few things:

1. Spelling mistakes happen. I wasnt talking about that... I was talking abou people who can't type worth shit and make a digital asshat of themselves because they sound and look like a 3rd grader because of their text speaking EvEry LETTER DOESNT ne3d toos b a capital.

2. I don't know how this turned into a spelling thread; that was not the point of this. The point was etiquette of new members: how they should act and behave when they show up freshly registered.

3. I take no offense to the chiding, but I think the last full page of ellipses and nine people correcting the same post is the "cool story bro" attitude that scares some people off.

We have all figured out that spelling correction isn't a viable option. I'm glad you've talked about it for two pages no when I plainly said it wasn't possible my first post. This thread is for etiquette.

And a question: is there a section for site suggestions?- I didn't see one.

cool chip on your shoulder bro...

hey tristin.....

harden the fuck up...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A

What I can't stand is having to click on to a thread because the topic is so vague you cant tell what it's about.

No shit.... and I fix lots of them too.

Datsun Parts For Sale: Title: Need Rad.... Hi I need rad for pickup. anyone? I (shaking my head) open it up. Besides being in the For Sale, I have read wade through a steaming post to find out it's for a 320 or a 521 or whatever only because he lists owning a 320/521 w/e. Which means that until you open it up, and read it you don't know what the fuck this dip is looking for. I can imagine all the 510, Z car 620/720, Maxima etc etc owners angrily moving on to the next post, pissed off at the waste of time. WinTF???? TITLE means a quick description. Need 520 Rad there is that so hard????

Spelling I don't care about. If you want to look that way then you will. Mis-spelling in the title is a different story. If you don't care I do.. not because I feel sorry for you but because someday, someone, might want to use the search function using correct spelling for something in your post. "225mm 5 bolt L18 flywheel info" misses your "I have a 225mm L18 farwheel ??" topic.

Just a few things:

1. Spelling mistakes happen. I wasnt talking about that... I was talking abou people who can't type worth shit and make a digital asshat of themselves because they sound and look like a 3rd grader because of their text speaking EvEry LETTER DOESNT ne3d toos b a capital.

2. I don't know how this turned into a spelling thread; that was not the point of this. The point was etiquette of new members: how they should act and behave when they show up freshly registered.

3. I take no offense to the chiding, but I think the last full page of ellipses and nine people correcting the same post is the "cool story bro" attitude that scares some people off.

We have all figured out that spelling correction isn't a viable option. I'm glad you've talked about it for two pages no when I plainly said it wasn't possible my first post. This thread is for etiquette.

And a question: is there a section for site suggestions?- I didn't see one.

You said digital asshat.

Has anyone else had any problem getting to the Ratsun home page? All I get is the server default screen. Pissing me off.

Eye kant c whut ppl r thinks n junk% lol

ylJwB.gif

mmm ...

wait what is this thread about..

Oh yeh

The only reason I like troll threads... boobs always end up.. well.. almost always..

I'll try and stop posting/ typing stupid shit.

Just today I was wondering why most people don't post here anymore.. When I joined teh ranks there was a lot of activity.. now... not so much.

Internets + 16 year old.. not always good. But I'm here for my Datsuns, I learned so much in the past years, Ratsun is so important to me, Just yesterday I saw Red3ye's sticky on Datsun FAQ.. learned a lot there.

Like my Haynes manual actually has wiring for a 620. lol.

And incorrect torque settings on various engines.. Pointed out by Mike...

Point is If Ratsun continues how its going.. Many Datsuns are going to die.. because Hybrid Z, DQ, or The Realm isn't going to put up with the shit that goes on here at Ratsun.

I hate sifting through threads of shit (mostly started by MM47 ( I KID :lol: :rofl:) ) Just to find info on how to take rocker arms off of a J13.. (which I found thanks to a downloadable PDF)

Ok i'm done :lol:

Not sure if rant or not, or if it even contributes...probably useless words :lol:

Has anyone else had any problem getting to the Ratsun home page? All I get is the server default screen. Pissing me off.

Delete your browsers history, all of it. Works for me. Ratsun goes out for me at least, at about 11:30

...also someone stole my wiper blades

Bitch all you want, but that was one of my favorite threads evar. I still tell that story any time shitty wiper blades are mentioned.

I totally agree on most points. I still love ratsun --but it ain't what it used to be. Maybe I'm just getting old. My tolerance for the pointless and stupid shit has certainly diminished. Insomniacs is great and a perfect spot for the silly stuff that it's intended for.

As far as the FML posts go, I think it's just a byproduct of the "post everything immediately" mentality that is common place now. I, personally, don't get it at all. This is a car forum and I'm here to learn. I cannot give one single fuck about your latest Pokemon card acquisition. Nor do I want to publicly broadcast every detail of my personal life. I guess maybe that's what the status bar is for.

The occasional spelling or grammar glitch doesn't bother me too much as long as an effort is being made. Mistakes happen and not everyone has an English degree. I absolutely HATE text-speak on a forum. It is too distracting to deal with. If I see it, I refuse to reward it by trying to decipher it and respond with a helpful answer. It will either be ignored or I will give a misleading or incorrect reply. Example: "sup. when me an my boyz skip studdyhal N streetrayc behind kmart i Cant Get My Z Too Go Over One Foty Should I Do A S20r swap is it hard one of my boyz haz a recked g20 i can get the motor from and make brackets to mount 2 my zs automatick is it hard to do i dont hav a welder lolololololollollololloklolloll" Reply: Did you do any research on the swap? "no searching takes to long justtell me i dint want to read all that lolloololooolooollllolol" Reply: You need to plug your fuel return line to increase fuel pressure. Also remove your wipers to decrease drag. You can also remove your alternator belt to free up extra horsepower. If that's still not fast enough just do the swap. It's a direct bolt-in. All brackets, mounts, wiring, plumbing is compatible. Only thing you need to do is turn the radiator on it's side to make the hoses line up.

I'm not to the point where I want to quit or anything (big threat, right?) but I will admit that I don't spend much time here anymore. Overall it's still one of the best forums out there and I'm grateful for all I've learned here.

Exactly ! Lol

But if we don't teach the children, who will? :rolleyes:

Hahah..,I'm out of positive reps someone give Driven one for me please !

Guest 510kamikazifreak

The only reason I like troll threads... boobs always end up.. well.. almost always..

I'll try and stop posting/ typing stupid shit.

Just today I was wondering why most people don't post here anymore.. When I joined teh ranks there was a lot of activity.. now... not so much.

Internets + 16 year old.. not always good. But I'm here for my Datsuns, I learned so much in the past years, Ratsun is so important to me, Just yesterday I saw Red3ye's sticky on Datsun FAQ.. learned a lot there.

Like my Haynes manual actually has wiring for a 620. lol.

And incorrect torque settings on various engines.. Pointed out by Mike...

Point is If Ratsun continues how its going.. Many Datsuns are going to die.. because Hybrid Z, DQ, or The Realm isn't going to put up with the shit that goes on here at Ratsun.

I hate sifting through threads of shit (mostly started by MM47 ( I KID :lol: :rofl:) ) Just to find info on how to take rocker arms off of a J13.. (which I found thanks to a downloadable PDF)

Ok i'm done :lol:

Not sure if rant or not, or if it even contributes...probably useless words :lol:

Being too or is it two? :rofl:

Serious in a automotive forum,just ruins things.

Besides that Boobs rock

dailyadult0.gif

Proper grammar in many cases means you are not so lazy that you wouldn't look it up. Most people who spell and write the English language accurately, take the time to type a word that looks funny to them or they're not sure about up into their browser search to access the word in Wikipedia, Webster's, OED, etc. Or grab a Thesaurus (get one at Goodwill for cheap). If you screwed up in school, admit it; you can pick up where you left off anytime.

One's written word tells a story about them; often they are to be avoided rather than interacting.

If you struggle with dyslexia, I for one, would like you to speak up and tell that right up front. I'd do all I can do to streamline the communication with you.

If, however, you are just a pedestrian piss-ant punk perpetually looking for the shortcut, the easiest way rather than the best way or correct way...

Lately, I see a certain type who is out to exploit the enthusiast forums to buy low and sell high in the classifieds. They aren't really concerned with the soul of the Marque, they are sell-outs who are concerned only about making a buck.

Someone will likely provide a smart-ass remark about this post and I'll ignore this site for a long time again.

Lately, I see a certain type who is out to exploit the enthusiast forums to buy low and sell high in the classifieds.

Ha ha ha hard as fuck to make a buck from a Datsun owner.

We have had types buying up all the L16 manifolds they can. This dries up the supply and the price goes up. I would rather that Datsun parts go to owners to keep their vehicles on the road.

Proper grammar in many cases means you are not so lazy that you wouldn't look it up. Most people who spell and write the English language accurately, take the time to type a word that looks funny to them or they're not sure about up into their browser search to access the word in Wikipedia, Webster's, OED, etc. Or grab a Thesaurus (get one at Goodwill for cheap). If you screwed up in school, admit it; you can pick up where you left off anytime.

One's written word tells a story about them; often they are to be avoided rather than interacting.

If you struggle with dyslexia, I for one, would like you to speak up and tell that right up front. I'd do all I can do to streamline the communication with you.

If, however, you are just a pedestrian piss-ant punk perpetually looking for the shortcut, the easiest way rather than the best way or correct way...

Lately, I see a certain type who is out to exploit the enthusiast forums to buy low and sell high in the classifieds. They aren't really concerned with the soul of the Marque, they are sell-outs who are concerned only about making a buck.

Someone will likely provide a smart-ass remark about this post and I'll ignore this site for a long time again.

Thankyou for the insight DAW. I noticed you only post now and then. Of I am not mistaken you had previously owned some very cool s30 goods and are a hybrids.org member :)

I've said it before, and regretted it everytime: . "we need an off topic section", or less idiots ..... .. and the latter aint happening

"General D" is talk about anything they say . and that's why Ratsun's too far gone .. anyone old enough to not like Ratsun has already left (I'm soon to join them)

it's sad, because if you never look at General Disscussion this site seems alright

• Like 1

hOo reely givs a phuque aboot chiken shit stuf lyke this topik

Haha ... Funny guy . Thanks for the reply. If you want to be treated fair and believe in common courtesy than you do Rick rat ;)

Getting a trophy from ratsun members was quite nice of them ;)