Official Farewell to Wildmaninid thread

I know you are not dropping off the face of the earth or anything, although Northern Maine is pretty dern close! :lol: .

I hope I speak for all of us here at Ratsun when I say, have a safe trip across the country in your KA powered lb 620!! Hope all goes well with no breakdowns or unexpected troubles.

Watch out for those crazy truckers and the occasional urine bomb!! :lol: .

If you find a motel with a coin operated bed please send oic!!

Represent Datsun/Ratsun name well in Maine bro.....we know you will.

Please take and post lotsa oics along the way. A couple of your pretty lil seat cover too pleeze!! :sneaky:

I hope to meet up with you in the future bro, may the Ratsun force be with you!!

:crying:

:bye: :bye:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Bill, when you log on it's going to be the same as if you never left. Tell those deprived Main folk about how you come from a magical part of the country where Datsuns grow under every tree.

• Like 1

I talked to Bill today as nature was taking a giant shit on Bonner's Ferry. (Actually I texted, but anyway) Severe thunderstorms/hail/raining cows, etc. I didn't get all the particulars, but Bill said it was pretty nasty. We'll miss you good buddy, have a safe trip over. Here's to hoping no mishaps! Keep the shiny side up! Enjoy Maine!

Bill made my first Canby an extra welcoming experience. I am a bit shy to interject myself into groups of people I don't know and Bill looked over at me, offered me a beer and some BBQ.

But they're right. It's going to be a hell of a drive to Canby for you from now on. :P

Thank you all so much! Mrs. Wild and I are putting the final few things into the Datsun and getting ready to head out here in about 20 minutes. I drove the Datsun a few miles to get fuel and check on how she will pull th trailer. Definitely a heavy load on and you can feel the trailer there, but nothing she can't handle. I will keep everyone updated, but todays goal is head east into Montana, connect up with Missoula via hwy 200 and hit I-90. We want to burn up Montana and the Dakotas before we try to find any sort of lodging, as everyone I have talked to over there says all the hotels are full due to the oil workers.

I hope to meet some new Ratsun friends out east, but will never forget the best friends made right here in this magical area called the PNW, where Datsuns do grow under trees!

Off we go,

Cheers!

Wildmaninme ;)

• Like 5

Bill....Hope you have a great trip! This is the first I've heard of you moving. Can someone point me to the thread that says why? Bill's a great guy!!! I really enjoyed chatting with him when he came to Canby in the past! I guess you won't be coming to the Spokane Good Guys this year. :)

Hey all. Quick update. Wife and I are in Minneapolis, chillin out and getting some grub and waiting out happy hour. Going to crash at a rest stop come sundown for a few hours then carry on through the night. 620 is doing amazing. Only problem was pulling a huge load through montana when it was 106 outside. Blew out my fan relay so I had to direct wire the fan, and run the heater to keep things cool. I can go 40 or 80 and the trailer pulls like a dream, just getting started takes some finesse. Doing 75 across n dakota I got 19 mpg, now doing 60-65 across minnesota I have been getting 22! Okay well I am off guys. Haven't seen any Dattos on the road yet but have got plenty of thumbs up from passers by!

• Like 1

wait i thought u got divorced and your shop burned down or something....whats this wife talk....wait so your remarried then....am i lost......anyday spent going 70 in a datto down the road is a good day.....safe journeys grasshopper...