1970 521

Royal Sierra

Hainz and Wayno are two well respected ratsuners and I have to agree fender mirrors are dumb..... Even concave its like using a dime as a side view mirror u spend all your time squinting and u can't see shit..... By that time u missed yor turn and are rear ending a propane truck and blowin up half of San bernidino.....then once u realize what u have done ..... It's to late u got holes in your fender..... Dear Liza, a hole in your fenders....so then what ..... Some sweet deer whistles..... Maybe a trailer blinker or some reflectors .... Nope u just got holes ...... I dont know who though it was a good idea ..... But pretty sure if it was better my Chevy truck mirrors would be mounted there two...... Not to mention its a two guy, half hour project to get them aligned.... If u choose to do it Solo, count on it being a hour and u better drink a beer or two u will be pulling your hair out....don't do it ...... There the Altezza taillight of datsuns.....

• Like 1
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, kinda glad I didn't buy your truck when you had it on CL, seems like you're having nothing but problems with it.

i don't think that's just his truck. it's the nature of the beast. lord knows i had my share of problems when i got mine.

i don't think that's just his truck. it's the nature of the beast. lord knows i had my share of problems when i got mine.

No i know what you mean. These old trucks, well, they'er old. lol. Its just it seems like hes having issue after issue. I am being honest though when I say I am glad he was putting it on CL to entertain himself rather then sell it.

It gets driven from oregon city to fairfield monday-friday. And to molalla on the weekends. It gets used ALOT and it rides on bump stops so every tiny bump shakes the truck to death. It was only 740 bucks. Not like I paid alot for it. Also I fixed the gauges. That plug in the back of the back of the cluster came off haha

It gets driven from oregon city to fairfield monday-friday. And to molalla on the weekends. It gets used ALOT and it rides on bump stops so every tiny bump shakes the truck to death. It was only 740 bucks. Not like I paid alot for it. Also I fixed the gauges. That plug in the back of the back of the cluster came off haha

see good thing you didnt start elsewhere it woulda been hell

dude as things go bad you just fix it and make it better.you got a cool truck,i got so much money in my truck already and i still got to figure something else out every time you think you got it.Just keep on trucking.

rides on bump stops???? this might give a half inch to a inch more travel.

you could dial up the torsion bar 1/4 inch?

12mm or is it a 14mm and remove the front rubber bump stops.

Just because its lower doesnt mean it gets stiffer. a torsion bar doesn not get stiffer reindexing it or moving the anchor arm

The more you work on this truck the samrter youll get in the mechainis area. trust me.

and when you get it fixed its very rewarding.

However this is a 40 yr old rig and alwasys carry tools cell phone. battery cables.

Buy good parts.

I would only call this a daily driver if you have a spare rig also.

if perfect attendance is a must do not own a Datsun

• 3 weeks later...

Well I havent done anything to it lately. I swapped out the turn signal lenses for the oem ones. And have been driving it 50 miles a day no problem except I though I had the gauges fixed. I was wrong. Anyways I sanded the paint a bit and found the bed was red, fenders were green, and the cab was blue. Maybe sand the whole truck like this..haha. Used superclean on my liscense plate and bumperettes and the white letters on the tailgate. It was all darkened because of the sut from the exhaust. Heres oics

2012-09-25155909.jpg

2012-09-25163426.jpg

2012-09-25163526.jpg

And these today in Canby.

2012-09-25170818.jpg

2012-09-25170916.jpg

When I had a job working at a local factory that made raw castings for the aerospace industry, there was some employee that worked another shift than mine, and when I go off work, sometimes he would park his jacked up Chevy 4x4by my Datsun. My Datsun has some generic "turbo" muffler on it, and had a "bark or a "rap" sound when it started.

The big bad Chevy truck would set off its alarm in fear at the sound of my 521 starting.

haha nice. My old neighbor had a riced hatch and hed fly by my house in the middle of the night and wake everyone up with his fart can. Id drive by his house and make my truck backfire and it would set the off the alarm on his shitbox honda. Good stuff..im gonna sand the truck down and possibly make the whole thing look all nice and patinad since its rattle canned and looks bad anyway

• Like 1