1970 521

Royal Sierra

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok do this.

have your 1 friend come over, Thats if you got any or borry a kid walking down the street.

Now have him push on the brake. and while its going to the floor look down inside the master clyinder ans if tiny bubbles start comming up. then i am pretty sure sure its the master. most times a MC will break is when bleeding them there might be a ridge and once the pluger pasts it it just can push any fluid. but for some reason it wont leak. It has happen to me.

I always buy spares of 521 clutch and brake parts. You should to MOFO! otherwise sell this Datsun.

I also notice on 521 MC that the rod might have to be shortend. as its too long on the taiwan made units(as most are made in taiwan). They really suck I have replace 3 in 12 years.

So make sure to adjust the rod and at below the pedal so it dont push on the MC as its mounted on the Firewall.

Rockauto has the parts but you might have to wait as most parts sotes might not have it either.

As others are notice if you fluid level is the same and not leaking it most likely the MC

I have a new centric master brake cyl.(#130.42300) on my shelf, it is for the 521 pickup, it will cost me $39.95 plus tax to replace it, you can also order one yourself, they carry that brand at tonys auto parts(360)831-0828 in vancouver wa.

They have one available in the warehouse, if you can find an auto parts near you that carries centric, you could order it direct.

The one issue on my end is that I have had this part for over a year, so the warrenty has expired.

I would try all the auto parts stores if I were you, then if you can find nothing, get ahold of me.

PS IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!! make sure to use a brake wrench or crews foot not to rount out the nut. i think its a 11mm.

I always use a anti size on the threads putting them back in.

key is having the right tools also

what are the charging issues?

what motor is in this truck? stock L16use the 35amp alternaotr . they are about 40$ at O rileys.

L20 motor use the biiger bolt holes so be good to know what youhave in there as many motors have been swap out or converted to IR type alternators.

get a volt meter and load ck the system. Truck running hopefully its above 13.4 volts or better to say 14.1. rthen turn on heater it will load down a little more when on high. if voltage goes down to 12.5 or less I have its too much or run the truck with out loading it down if possible.

Buy a cig lighter volt meter. they work!

L20b really you wont know untill you open it up and see the flywheel size.

could be car or truckset up.

if a truck set up you woul order a 620 clutch set and t/O bearing and you have the 620 collar

IF a 200mm, you can just use a 521/510 set up. clutch /t/O bearing and a 510/521 collar

be honest alot of proplems still can happen when these swaps take place. if it was a 200sx from a car the diaphrame heigth is still different than a 510/521 pressure plate even though its 200mm setup. thus making the Throwout for the slave seem wrong. soemtimes one has to cut or make adjustments on the slave cylinder rod. make it longer or shorter. esp when using the 5 speed with the cup end fork arm.

If you think you have issues alwasy bleed the system.

get volt meter put across the battery. see what it does at idle. then rev the motor up and see what it does and report back.

Im out of here, so ggzilla or datzenmike will help out.

Best to take photos of this.

A L20b from a ttruck will have a smaller 35amper.

also take a photo of the pass side by fuse box area to see if you have a volt reg. the small can looking thin underneath on side with the square 6 pin connetor. if that there then you have a external volt reg tyep alternator.

Tp me sound like you alternatpr is going out. but always clean and ck the battery cables

Well i got it all working. No need to cut anything. Althought the left front brake still holds pressure for somereason after you let off the brake and It annoys me. Maybe just need to adjust it? Its so weird not having to pump the brakes!

if you know how to adjust them then you should adjust all your brakes so you also can have even stopping power.Its not hard to do and you will be really :w00t: