1970 521

Royal Sierra

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those bump stops are the shit i used those from a dropped sppindle on the uppers and a rectangular one from energy on the bottom...and i still cut a inch out... but its all for not ... bags are coming soon...

ps love the montys'''''i always been a regal guy....84 ish but i can love a monty like o other...really i just want something that can post up three wheel infront of my shop.... aint gotta run i can push it out there and through a tire in the air...nice stuff man....thanks for motivating others i sold two sets of rallys now ....thanks to your truck

mklotz....... there's moss growing on your fab work....hahahaha i know its just mock up...bt i thoguht i would call u out for letting moss grow on your project...

lol ....yep. That frame stub has been sitting outside for years, waiting for me to get around to the ball joint mod.

Royal.....if it's the driver's side that's dumped and the pass side that has travel, the driver's torsion bar is sagging from years of abuse from the driver's weight. After 40+ years....you may have to adjust them differently to get the ride height even.

every torsion drop i have done is never the same side to side,... plus i like to leave a little bit in the drivers side to compensate when i get in...when u run little tension it doenst have the same spring weight so my 230 lbs drops another inch i split the difference...

I will keep that in mind. I just hooked up my cigarette lighter today! I put my CB/PA in plave of there it was. It hasnt been hooked up for a couple months. Now I can use my radar detector so I dont get anymore tickets. Haha. I pulled up to traffic court today and some guy started telling me about his 521. Then went to walmart and had a guy ask me if id sell my front bumper

2012-06-07135516.jpg

I am not going to tell you not to speed. You will simply ignore that piece of advise.

I will tell you this.

DO NOT BE THE FASTEST CAR OR TRUCK IN THE SECTION OF ROAD YOU ARE ON!

let someone else get the speeding ticket. This is an old truckers trick. Let someone else be "bear bait", then you can make time.

But if you are ever driving in West Linn, or Lake Oswego, their police departments are well funded. Do not speed there.

I am not going to tell you not to speed. You will simply ignore that piece of advise.

I will tell you this.

DO NOT BE THE FASTEST CAR OR TRUCK IN THE SECTION OF ROAD YOU ARE ON!

let someone else get the speeding ticket. This is an old truckers trick. Let someone else be "bear bait", then you can make time.

But if you are ever driving in West Linn, or Lake Oswego, their police departments are well funded. Do not speed there.

great advice ... i always love being tailgated ... i just pull over get back in behind them about 200 feet back and let them were out the radar for me...or if traffic is very light i will bomb the slow lane since all the lazer is always focused on the fast lane anymore...

i will aslo tell that the windwow channel felt from a b2200 is relief cut and hard bent in the perfect places... one of the best, hey whats this laying here... hmmmm oh cool they fit and no more glass rattle... b2200 are everywhere in junk yards..i think i had a set but it can be had for 5 bux at most yards..

Sweet! And lake o is where I got my ticket. I was coming down that hill on stafford road where it meets with highway 43. It was 11 at night on a monday and i got caught for 10 over. The guy was hiding at the bottom behind a tree. Also, Daniel my dad taught me that long ago! It does work.

Ok emergency situation. I left work and came up to a stop light and hit my brakes and nothing happened. I checked under the hood and there was no break fluid. Im guessing I have a leaky wheel cylinder since the truck doesnt leak a drop of anything. Can someone on sunday help me fix it? I will pay you and buy you lunch. Never done one before and dont want to mess it up! Im in oregon city

There is, but I dont have the coin to pay a shop for labor. I know this is simple stuff but Ive just never done it before. Id be fine with paying someone to come help me. This just blows because my new job is 60 miles round trip and I start monday. and it also started having charging issues now too. goddamn Datsuns

Its fairly easy to do a wheel cylinder i took both fronts off without even taking the shoes off....(still dont know how to take them off haha) but look at your tires on the inside for a nice shiny wet spot thats going to be your cylinder victim.

Just sell me your truck already or you going to make me wait for you to post it on c.l. Again? Jkjk :)

If you don't see any wetness on the inside of the tires, look under the dash and see if it's leaking on the interior end of the m/c. If you have carpet, it can seep down under that and go unnoticed. If you have a bare floor, you should have already noticed it.