1970 521

Royal Sierra

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i got the rallies from my dad for free.

Falken 195 50 15 tires for 280

Been waiting three weeks for the paint $8.00

From michaels.

Reindexed two splines. 3" blocks in rear

still need a roll job tires rub for moar low {-__-}.

Sorry to intrude jus wanted to show off a lil doesnt compare to yours though.....thinking of either white or lambo neon green paint job

2012-06-19170554.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I gotta say, and I'm not trying to be an ass, but all them American cars are clean but really ugly to me. For some reason, they just lack luster and originality of others of the era. It continues today. I have a newer Chevy and a GMC and both are crap. I drive my 87 4runner and my 75 Scirocco 95% more than my American cars. Every time I go to start the Chevy its dead cause it just sits...

"Every time I go to start the Chevy its dead cause it just sits..."

You probably have a battery drain. Quick and dirty fix, disconnect the negative battery cable, when you park the vehicle. Of spens a little time and figure out where the drain is. A bad battery is also a possibility.

I went over to Royal Sierra's place a month or two ago, and helped him a little with the 521. I am not going to go into details, but life has handed him a heavy load right now. It is not health related, so that is good. Reality is, getting a 521 to the point is is not a high maintenance vehicle takes a lot of time, if not money.

Well I get bored really easy with cars. I listed it on there just to see what offers id get..i dont wanna sell it or trade it. Maybe its just fun getting all these people who wanna buy my truck lol. As for health related things..my appendix almost burst the other day. According to my ex its my karma for being such a horrible boyfriend who brought her.flowers, took her to dinner and got her whatever she wanted really. Anyway, I Had to drive my self to the hospital on oregon citys terrible roads haha. As for the gmc..me and my girl broke up and she took sandpaper to the freshly painted hood of my gmc and gave most of my tools away. Whats messed up is shes the one that broke it off and i didnt do anything to deserve that.

Just got new tires today too. They wouldnt put the wheels on the truck because stretch is apparently a safety issue. Id say its ok to an extent..

And thanks for the help again Daniel C. Ive been driving this thing 70 miles a day and its had no issues.

Oics

2012-07-18170301.jpg

2012-07-18174006.jpg

2012-07-18163855.jpg

2012-07-18163750.jpg

Thanks. Its just hard for me to keep a car. My dad was always trading and flipping. every project ive had i started on and found somethin else i liked..but this thing is just so unique. I love cars that get attention. And this one for sure gets alot. Just did a fuel filter too.. $3 from discount import. Not bad at all. I want to do the window felts because they rattle horribly. Anyone know where to get it?

I got some new window felts for my 521, but to be honest, I an not working on the doors, yet.

The felts have the following information.

Mygrant Glass Company (B048)

A barcode,

AS1198 96

The felts from them are rubber backed, and with a quick trial fit they seemed to fit pretty good.

i had the same problem, and i picked up some window rubbers from courier at the junkyard with wing windows, they fit perfectly, no more rattle. the only thing is that when its cold, its hard to roll them up, so i have to be carefull not to break the handle.

510 window channel felt works in the 521 truck, I have had no issues with the felt yet(rattling, to tight, air leaks), but I bought mine new at the canby meet last year from one of the vendors, it wasn't cheap.

BTW, if side window rattling is driving you crazy, I found out that if you take your door card off, and look in at the bottom of the where the window channel ends, there will be extra virgin felt hanging down, if you cut all the extra off you can, you can splice a piece in near the top of the frame in the channel, and when the window is up, it won't rattle anymore, but that won't fix air leaks, just the rattle. :)

Guest kamakazi620

The buckets in your truck are Scout "Buddy buckets" if you replace them DON'T throw them away their worth 200-300 bucks(rare) another thing you might want to fix the front suspention,1 of the previous owers put longer bolts on the torsion adjusters,Thats why its Low and riding bump stops.

haha ive been rolling around without shocks or a sway for the past week! just doing some adjustments, they will be going back in. but no riding around with out shocks is fine, its just bouncing, and if your close to bottoming out, youll hit alot. i reindexed my bars 2 splines and had them adjusted adjusted all the way down. This made it sit on metal to metal without my shocks in, so i adjusted them up about 2/3s or 1/2, which gives me about 1/2 an inch before my control arm hits my frame. i have no bump stops either.

this is where i sit

IMG_20120719_135019.jpg

if your going on a long trip, want to stay low, but dont want to hit a lot, id take your bump stops out and do what i did, but adjust it so you have about an 1 inch from the control arm to the frame where your bump stop would be, and apoxy a piece of a tire or mudflap or something in there so when you do hit, its not metal to metal. thats just opinion tho! glad you still have the truck

Energy Suspension has these bump stops and if you enlarge the hole slightly, they'll mount in place of the stock bumpstop. I thought I had a pic of the packaging and/or one of the stop in place of the lower stop you guys are referring to, but here it is in the upper position. I'm pretty sure one of the videos has me enlarging the hole to fit the ES one.

IMG_1155.jpg