...New, do I belong here?

...Hey! Figured might as well join up here. My Dat is not very Rat, and our Nissan is not technically Dat anyway... But here they are anyway!

1975 280z... I daily this car. As it sits:

9b7a9429.jpg

5f9dbf4a.jpg

718182e3.jpg

As it sat approx. one week ago, when I used to be the hubcap guy (before I became a follower :P)

4d238aa9.jpg

When I polish it up once in a blue moon (with polished hubs...)

DSCN4616.jpg

As it sat c. 2008 upon purchase...

media2.jpg

Car had sat in some guys airplane hangar in NorCal, he'd used it to run around town whenever he flew into that particular airport apparently, and not for much else... He had to sell it to finance a rebuild on the engine of his Beechcraft Bonanza.

The prerogative for me was preservation/keeping the damn thing on the road for me, which pretty much required me to eventually clean/replace/tweak every EFI sensor and connection (damn TPS), learn more than I ever figured I could about the L-Jetronic (nice, as it's helped me with subsequent purchases and acquisitions), and go through miles and miles of vacuum hose... The AC and all climate controls actually work :)

...Though I must say I've tended to adopt the ethos of "modify as it breaks" lately, I couldn't resist acquiring the SSRs when I recently needed new rubber (feel like I could never go back to stock), now I suddenly feel like the car could sit a bit lower, and if anyone steals my bumpers (or the rubber breaks) I'd not replace them back with 280 items, lol. So much for me being distinctive, haha.

I'd also be compelled to switch from the four speed to a five speed...

The significant other's car:

DSCF2229800x600.jpg

Her daily driver, 86 300zx 2+2 5 speed. with the rear seat down, the cargo area is cavernous (usually hauls dog kennels).

Super boosty power steering, but the important thing is... Digital Analog! Very Leiji Matsumoto/Police Album cover vibe:

833b4608.jpg

170e6ac2.jpg

Yes, that's a digital G-meter with integrated MPG. Yes, the car talks to you, lol

I come from a Nissan/Datsun family, my dad had multiple 240/260zs and a 280zx growing up, my grandma, all my aunts and uncles had 510s or Zs... Took me a while to realize they were right ;) 

(Also have possession of a 55 Chevy by default, as well as a barely running (aka factory condition) Triumph TR7, in storage.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MR. SUPER STOCK!! I met you at the KBBQ meet in fullerton, I was the random white guy going ballistic over the digi cluster and bitchin betty :DI

...wait, I couldve just said matt p--maki...huurrr

Knew I'd get recognized somehow :D

Yeah, not so superstock any more without the hubcaps... I still like the look of the caps (like, TOO much), but I think it'll be hard to go back to them now, transformed the handling :)