mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, mklotz70 said:

Can't blame Ray if he bails on this thread.  He's one of the only people spending money and doing unique stuff to a 521.  As typical with most forums and YT......the ones that run their mouths the most are the ones that do the least.

I remember a time you posted more on your projects but it was spoiled by opinion/drama. Not saying this is the case here. Criticism can generate new ideas.

16 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

Datsun Mike lock this thread. 

I'm going to believe this is your sense of humor showing Ray, so will leave it alone for a while hoping I'm right. I don't think there are too many builders here with the resources and skill to do what you do. Every time I visit it's a WTF moment: what's he done now? So yes count me in as living vicariously through your efforts and would dearly like to continue to do so. 

Titanic- this is the captain! on Make a GIFTitanic- this is the captain! on Make a GIFImage of That's the wrong way! Come back!

Come Back GIF - Come Back Rose Titanic GIFs

Ray:

Arnold schwarzenegger ill be back GIF on GIFER - by Dianaginn

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Ray, you can't just because d.p is a douche. Just ignore his comments 😁

Haha..to think my benign comments send Ray running for the hills.  I am also wonder who @mklotz70 is referring to?  Cause it can't be as I like to think I have done a fair amount of shit to my truck over the years.  Obviously nowhere close to the level or Raymond here but here we are.  

At the end of the day this place is just fun to me, I feel like its a small handful of dudes who are into 521s, have been around awhile and can take a joke (mostly).  

• Like 2

I can catch a little shade from @mklotz70, it's cool. At the same time, if a person can't tell that I'm just effing around, then they might be a little higher on the spectrum than I thought. Not like every stylistic choice a person makes is going to be gushed over, so what's the beef?  Ray, you have a very nice truck and it's obvious you put a lot of time/money/effort into it. I'm sad you deleted the dash, though

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, d.p said:

I am also wonder who @mklotz70 is referring to?  Cause it can't be as I like to think I have done a fair amount of shit to my truck over the years.  Obviously nowhere close to the level or Raymond here but here we are. 

Right. Apparently "doing stuff" just really means that you have "deep pockets." How much of the stuff on Ray's truck was actually fabbed by Ray?

1 hour ago, mainer311 said:

Right. Apparently "doing stuff" just really means that you have "deep pockets." How much of the stuff on Ray's truck was actually fabbed by Ray?

LOL..Ray is going to take his truck and leave.  

• 2 weeks later...

53068760404_a61230645b_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

53067984147_c099bd3baf_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Custom door panels are actually wrapped with material now. Me and my guy was mocking them up for fitment. All made out of aluminum of course. 3 way speakers for the Alpine stereo stuff. Slowly but surely. Bleeding brakes. Need to still get the dam Radiator mounted and possible fire up with out intercooler for now, just so I can feel good. Transmission looks to have a leak from the plate mounted were input shift comes out to flywheel. Fuck it for now, I can fix later just want to move forward.  it will be ok when done cars and coffee truck at least.

Most people don't notice the panels go to bottom of the door. Also the black truck is peeking at me and you a little jealous she is not getting attention right now.

Edited by mrbigtanker
  • Like 5

I know a similar feeling my 620 been sitting with slow progress and just noticed in last 3 mths looks like a leak rear seal or front transmission.  Figure I'll check fluids but drive it first.  

Look forward to see the startup video.

• Like 1