mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Don't they sell cups that go behind the speakers to do exactly that?

The cups are for improving bass response by sealing off the back of the cone. I suppose they could also work to isolate, but I don't think it's needed in this application.

• Like 1

I know they do for 6.5's, mostly sold as protection from weather in the doors, but they are too small to leave fully enclosed around the driver if you want any kind of bass extension. I'm a little surprised Alpine didn't have any recommendations for air volume in the instructions, but maybe they do elsewhere.  Last time I built a 3-way enclosure the mid had a specific separate chamber.

11 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

It won't make any difference. It's not a sealed enclosure.

Right, doors are never fully sealed, but you don't typically want an open back mid sharing the same back plane/air space as the woofer/midbass

Edited by thisismatt
  • 2 weeks later...

Man that’s clean looking. Great work sir. Your bumper bolts, did you find new ones or have the stock ones chromed as well? I ask because I had mine rechromed as well and am gonna need some new ones. 
Edit: blind bolts for the front ones?
-Pidge 

Edited by pidge
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, pidge said:

Man that’s clean looking. Great work sir. Your bumper bolts, did you find new ones or have the stock ones chromed as well? I ask because I had mine rechromed as well and am gonna need some new ones. 
Edit: blind bolts for the front ones?
-Pidge 

The front has no bolts as you can see all smoothed in. The back I. used carriage bolts there is a brand that is chrome and its in a green and white package, shit its been so long.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...