mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

49235443171_e3373b477c_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

49235671222_a43cedb786_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

49234974778_c1ea2eb38b_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

The Epic FJ20 build will start to come together. The head was all Vapor blasted, how ever they do that. Now it looks good.This is going to be a beast of an engine. I will push for 500 plus horsepower for sure. So I can pull my body weight.

• Like 4
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, BrothersGarage said:

Awesome. Are you going to stick them on the sides in the rear or extend them to the back like the older trucks reflectors to the right of the tail lights  - like this?

71668173_185380175973008_852811114807004

I installed some red LED lights in place of the round reflectors on my 320. They looked stock, but were super bright.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I installed some red LED lights in place of the round reflectors on my 320. They looked stock, but were super bright.

Do you remember where you got them or what the part number is? I don't seem to have much luck with LED's, I buy ones that say they are bright but they turn out to be very average, it's happened twice to me.

Thanks

• Like 1

This was a good idea for 2 reasons, number one is them taillights are not so big and are hard to see so having the lighted markers instead of the reflectors makes it easier to see you especially from the back side angle, number two is that bumper is sort of hiding the taillights, especially when closing on the rear of the truck as it hides more taillight the closer one gets.

On 12/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I can't find the info, but here's a couple pics.

320_Datsun_Frame_Clip_Install_Wiring004.

On 12/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

320_Datsun_Frame_Clip_Install_Wiring003.

I think 520/521 look better without any side markers, but if you drive at night again the stock taillights are hard to see on both models, especially the early 520,  I made my 520 white to hide body imperfections but it is also easier to see, and the 521 kingcab/stepside has 47-53 Chevy truck taillights that can be seen from the side somewhat and are easy to see from any angle from the back.

If one drives these older trucks at night a lot either you need to drive defensively or be lit up like a Christmas tree, I am always watching at what is going on around me, the way I drive I have to.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, wayno said:

This was a good idea for 2 reasons, number one is them taillights are not so big and are hard to see so having the lighted markers instead of the reflectors makes it easier to see you especially from the back side angle, number two is that bumper is sort of hiding the taillights, especially when closing on the rear of the truck as it hides more taillight the closer one gets.

I think 520/521 look better without any side markers, but if you drive at night again the stock taillights are hard to see on both models, especially the early 520,  I made my 520 white to hide body imperfections but it is also easier to see, and the 521 kingcab/stepside has 47-53 Chevy truck taillights that can be seen from the side somewhat and are easy to see from any angle from the back.

If one drives these older trucks at night a lot either you need to drive defensively or be lit up like a Christmas tree, I am always watching at what is going on around me, the way I drive I have to.

3 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Right on wayno. My favorite car was my '69 Charger Tail lights went almost all the way across the back. Be seen at night.

Why are we even talking about this truck in my thread ? Thats not my truck, my taillights are all new and factory with also all LED bulbs. Plus im still runnin side markers. This truck was posted to sample if i was putting my wagon markers in rear which is not correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1