Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

49061560463_a3463aba7c_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

49061560408_a12dd5e7b5_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

49061773548_9c1c05ea74_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

49062505992_a126686a83_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

49062283866_5c3b9cf88c_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

This shit is about to go down. Got my new Kameari valves for the build, I brought the home to paint properly and take bad to shop. Head will be done soon. Still think a few more months but its going down.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

So just got back from my week vacation in Washington DC, had a great time. Now back to business. No pics right now or maybe for a while but truck is in shop, having front suspension redone. Welds from top shock mounts cracked so time to do it right for the most part.  Then hopefully tear apart the reared and install it along with going back to 4 link. All custom with possible custom fuel tank if needed. Sty tuned it will be a bit but I hope to start moving quick.

• Like 2

This is just me, but hidden fuel fillers kill me. I know, I know, they are ugly, and a shaved door looks nice, but having to fill up will get old with some weird filler.

Every time I see a fuel filler sunk into a truck bed, even on a $500k hot rod pickup, I want to puke a little.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

This is just me, but hidden fuel fillers kill me. I know, I know, they are ugly, and a shaved door looks nice, but having to fill up will get old with some weird filler.

Every time I see a fuel filler sunk into a truck bed, even on a $500k hot rod pickup, I want to puke a little.

Finally, something we agree on :D

• Like 3
On 12/4/2019 at 9:44 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I like them from an aesthetics point of view, but certainly not in something I'm actually going to drive a lot.  Although, I do have to make exception for the ones hidden behind the tail lights.  There could be one on each side making them more useful. :)

• Like 2
22 hours ago, mklotz70 said:

I like them from an aesthetics point of view, but certainly not in something I'm actually going to drive a lot.  Although, I do have to make exception for the ones hidden behind the tail lights.  There could be one on each side making them more useful. 🙂

Hidden in a useful place, like behind a taillight is cool. Even behind a license plate. I think one thing people forget is how clumsy the modern fuel pump nozzles are. Back in the 70's, you could hang a nozzle off the side of a Jeep with the totally vertical filler neck, and it would stay, but now days, you have to hold it in there and hope you don't spill fuel everywhere.

13 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

If we do a fuel cell or drop in aeromotive cell, I want it plumbed back to the stock filler. Stay tuned. 

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

• Like 2

I forget, the new axle you bought. Is it wider or ?

Slit the tubs near the radius and widen them to fit the huge tires. That's the cleanest look.

I would use a 3 link instead of a 4 link. but a 4 link can be made to handle well. Most 4 link designs don't account for on throttle oversteer though. Put some triangulation into the links (instead of straight forward), design in some anti squat/dive but make the upper link/links adjustable height, keep your roll center about mid axle using a panhard bar or watts link.

Send me your truck and I'll build you a custom setup that handles well.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I forget, the new axle you bought. Is it wider or ?

Slit the tubs near the radius and widen them to fit the huge tires. That's the cleanest look.

I would use a 3 link instead of a 4 link. but a 4 link can be made to handle well. Most 4 link designs don't account for on throttle oversteer though. Put some triangulation into the links (instead of straight forward), design in some anti squat/dive but make the upper link/links adjustable height, keep your roll center about mid axle using a panhard bar or watts link.

Send me your truck and I'll build you a custom setup that handles well.

The guy that's doing is well lets say on another level. It will be triangulated and as for stuffing wider tires I think he has that covered. Im just riding his time. 

• Like 2