mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

And the angle of the bottom of the tank even matches the angle of the rocker panel.

Are you going to have the tank powder coated? I'd try to hide it with some 10% gloss black.

Yoou have a good eye, peopel dont notice that stuff that complain usually. Not sure yet might just leave it for now to get truck done and back on road. 

I just spent 422.00, for 2 out of 3 Timing chain guides. cheap.lol

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Those east coasterners are weird about fast cars. Don't listen to them in matters of style. 😜

lol.  I have a fast car and a slooooooow truck.  

• Like 2

This is too nice of a build for that rear skirt extension, the box front rocker that was added on is great, it looks stock, but that rear skirt extension is not up to par for this build.

Here is my 520 skirt extension from the front and rear.

004.jpg

005.jpg

Mine are not perfect, but the rest of the truck isn't perfect either, I did to much welding when I changed everything making the box without the hooks or rail top and the proper curve that's why it is white, to hide the slight skipping a rock across the pond ripple effect.

When you shave the marker lights do the skirt extension properly, you want it to look like it was made that way from the factory, and the weld marks are tacky.

Edited by wayno
  • Like 3
59 minutes ago, wayno said:

This is too nice of a build for that rear skirt extension, the box front rocker that was added on is great, it looks stock, but that rear skirt extension is not up to par for this build.

Here is my 520 skirt extension from the front and rear.

004.jpg

005.jpg

Mine are not perfect, but the rest of the truck isn't perfect either, I did to much welding when I changed everything making the box without the hooks or rail top and the proper curve that's why it is white, to hide the slight skipping a rock across the pond ripple effect.

When you shave the marker lights do the skirt extension properly, you want it to look like it was made that way from the factory, and the weld marks are tacky.

Like I posted it is not done. More to do. I want all metal work complete. Will worry about paint later. But that will be addressed. 

• Like 3

You could always keep your marker lights, but still have the smooth look, by mounting them on the backside of the opening so that you just see the lens through the opening. I did that on a 620 I had. Clean look.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Steve240z said:

I like Tanker's extensions, yes the welds need to be cleaned up, but I like the shape.

Tanker if your getting rid of the side markers I could use a right rear.

They are gone, Remind me in a week or so. And that rear side piece that was made from another guy years ago, that will be gone and re done again.

5 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Looking good!  Will look much better after markers are shaved.

Yes I cant wait. I got the rare circle markers I am puttting on, plus I did the Bullet fron marker lights up front already. I have another 99.9% perfect tailgate as well that will be going on.  Another 25,000.00 and its done.lol 

• Like 3

I am working on the last leg of a large build now, and the customer is going to get a $40K invoice...for the last leg. Doing this always makes me nervous, but then I remind myself that nobody needs what I do.

If Tanker can get it done for another $25K, I'd be impressed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I am working on the last leg of a large build now, and the customer is going to get a $40K invoice...for the last leg. Doing this always makes me nervous, but then I remind myself that nobody needs what I do.

If Tanker can get it done for another $25K, I'd be impressed.

You said 40K, oh you have no idea.

• Like 3