Rusty cars with bad paint dont deserve plates

Holy shit, that's entirely too funny, that CHP website doesn't have any filters on that report website! :rofl: They now have a car make of what an ass or something, and a city and state of I hate California. The comment sections somehow had "Eat a bag of dicks!" in it! :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I don't know how to express how pissed off I am at this.

So what they're saying is that in order to have their free plates your car can't be rusty? Can't be driven?

Hell, a lot of people that own these cars have them for commuting. Why not? I enjoy the HELL out of my datsun. The law was intended to give a break to those who own classic pieces of history and enjoy them right? So why can't that guy how in his veedub and roll down to Target without getting people following him making complaints?

That dude has nice cars. Don't get me wrong, but it's dumb that you have to NOT drive your car to license it. dry.gifdry.gif

I guarantee you that all these stupid news reporters drive a fucking prius or a camry. Just a case of people who need to shut up and mind their own business.

Edited by metalmonkey47
Guest kamakazi620

The fact that he dissed the bug is annoying, and the kind of guy who has 45609326593 fully restored cars and only drives them occasionally pisses me off as well. A vehicle was made for one thing: To drive.

Fucking Drive It.

However, it is true that you cant use your "classic" as a commuter, and I see where that chunk of the story makes sense,

BUT I ALSO DISAGREE WITH THAT LAW BECAUSE VEHICLES SHOULD BE DRIVEN!

Now i'm done.

sleep.gif

What Pisses Me off is Dudes "Restored show cars" HAS enough money to BUY tabs EVERY YEAR,If i was the lady with the bug I would have told the reporter "The money i'm saving on tabs i'm using to restore it"

Guest 510kamikazifreak

here there are to many rules, and tattle talers to even think of going with the "collector" plate we have in BC.

Government run insurance/liscencing/yada yada :lol: :blink:

The law was intended to give a break to those who own classic pieces of history and enjoy them right?

Yes. You can enjoy your car w/o commuting. They are offering you reduced registration costs in exchange for not commuting with it. They allow unlimited pleasure driving in Washington on collector plates

That's a good deal and I have no complaints about it.

Since I use mine as a daily driver/commuter I pay for regular plates.

Classic plates have their place and are a pretty good idea if used as intended. Some old cat with a model T who uses it for shows, parades and other events but not a daily driver. Some figured out that you could skip the smog and got them for that. But, you are limited to how much you can drive it and once assigned you can not switch back to regular plates, or so I was told.

A few guys got them for their 510's back in the day to get around smog and are now stuck with them. Now that our smog exempt status has moved up and all our cars are exempt.

As for out of state plates in CA who live here, get new fucking plates! Yeah, I said it, what! Pay your fair share of the fees like everyone else or go fucking back to your state! I know folks in the armed services are the exception because they move around so much, but everyone else, pass the bag of dicks around and take a bite! :P

• Like 2

But part of commuting in a old car is the fact it makes the drive a pleasure drive. :cool:

Man, you guys out west and your silly shit. I'm surprised there hasn't been like a mass exodus of car lovers to the southwest yet. No inspections here, rarely any major snow, what the fuck is a smog check? I can buy vintage plates that are 21 years or older and register them to my car with no restriction. Hell the miata cost me 21 dollars a year to tag, the Datsun and vw is 20.

Classic plates have their place and are a pretty good idea if used as intended. Some old cat with a model T who uses it for shows, parades and other events but not a daily driver. Some figured out that you could skip the smog and got them for that. But, you are limited to how much you can drive it and once assigned you can not switch back to regular plates, or so I was told.

A few guys got them for their 510's back in the day to get around smog and are now stuck with them. Now that our smog exempt status has moved up and all our cars are exempt.

As for out of state plates in CA who live here, get new fucking plates! Yeah, I said it, what! Pay your fair share of the fees like everyone else or go fucking back to your state! I know folks in the armed services are the exception because they move around so much, but everyone else, pass the bag of dicks around and take a bite! :P

Your assuming.....Washington states emissions are as strict as Commiefornias

In Washington there is only 5 counties that even require smog testing and to get collector plates your car would have been out of the smog check by at least 2 years any way , so there is no way getting collector plates would get you out of testing..And we dont get pulled over by emissions police and checked EVER

In the year 2012 the cutoff age for a car getting an emissions test in Washington state every 2 years is.. 1988

Ok, say you have a car so fucking nice you only drive it on nice days ,by the reporters argument you couldn`t even drive it to work to show it off ...not even once. Because you would be doing you regular commute to get to work. And should be punished.

But the real problem ( the only really ) is what HE considers a classic car and what HE considers pleasure driving. I like rolling my old cars to the store,,,in the rain,, cause my commute for the last 16 years is approximately .. 75 feet wink.gif

I get GREAT pleasure out of driving the 521 on occasion to work and back, the whopping 4 miles that it is. Fuck it. I don't drive it every day, but I'll drive it when I damn well please...... with my collector plates...... with the peeling paint, and the tarp covering the half-done POR15 job on the bed and the little red gas can that it runs off of temporarily.

I kind of wish I knew where the douche quoted in the article lived..... I'd make a daily trip around his house in my "collector's vehicle" :fu:

Vehicle requirements

To use collector plates, vehicles must be:

More than 30 years old.

Capable of operating on the highway.

Owned and operated as collector vehicles.

Collector vehicles may be driven:

To and from auto shows, circuses, parades, displays, special excursions, and antique car club meetings.

For testing purposes.

For the pleasure of others without compensation.

Collector vehicles may not be used for:

Commercial purposes or to carry a load.

Regular transportation in the manner of a fully licensed vehicle.

I would have told the reporter one of two things:

1. "It is allowed to be driven for the pleasure of others, regardless of where it is being driven. Since everywhere I go in it, someone enjoys it, it's just an added benefit that it gets me to work daily. People at my work LOVE it, daily."

or 2. "Eat a dick, get off my lawn."

The cold hard FACT is that people LOVE seeing these cars driving around. Even if they're not "show quality"... hell, a lot of people love the fact that a "working man's" quality of car is still out on the roads and not either sitting rusting away in a junk yard or being held up in a fucking barn somewhere "waiting to be restored". The fact you're making it available for people to random encounter it and appreciate it trumps the prohibition on regular transport duties.

Collector vehicles may be driven:

For the pleasure of others without compensation.

This, as far as I am concerned, means I can drive my collector plated vehicle anytime that I feel it is a pleasure to do so. That is pretty much why I drive it in the first place getting somewhere is secondary.

I also have 3 collector plated vehicles and couldn't drive all 3 and my regular plated vehicle all the time anyways. :rolleyes:

F him and the cops that don't have to know the laws they are payed to enforce.

Scroll down from the videos and check the comments section, looks like ch7 there stepped in it.... :lol:

--Ray

Except for the occasional apologist retards. Especially that "Crusher28" dipshit. Crush all cars 20 years and older just so we'd be forced to ride the bus like him? Fail troll fails hard.

I do like that argument ]2eDeYe made. "Yes sir, I know I'm driving my car to work, but work is hard, driving this car is a pleasure of mine, and pleasure driving is permitted."

I think someone should write a story on the look of a "40 year old" datsun. With patina. (and rust) And how that is appealing to some. So technically all rusted out pieces of shit are collector cars, because that is the look we want. Then submit it to a competing network news station and have them run the story blasting the old news station.