Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

1.25" spacers? Thats ginormous lol... how did that work out?

Never drove it over 15mph, so tough to say... :P

I guess I might have to get some diamonds for Winter then. Damn, I really wanted to use the hubcaps.

Which caps, full face or the smaller dog dish? I bet the dog dish caps will fit a 240Z steelie. :cool:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ZX rims are OK, but they arent the stock caps... I dont know what it is about them, but I think theyre stellar. I preferrably like to stick with 13s because I have white walls already and they have great thread still. If I picked up diamonds or something similar that were 13s and clear ZX brakes then the price would be worth it. Otherwise i would have to buy new rims and tires... then sell the WW tires. If Im going to run a winter set of rims and tires I think a set of diamonds are the clear choice.

On a second side note, looks like the roof rack I wanted will have to wait until September. They are taking a break to persue blah blah blah I dont care. I wanted it for Canby so I could strap all my camping/BBQ gear onto the rack.

ZX rims are OK, but they arent the stock caps... I dont know what it is about them, but I think theyre stellar. I preferrably like to stick with 13s because I have white walls already and they have great thread still. If I picked up diamonds or something similar that were 13s and clear ZX brakes then the price would be worth it.

FYI, your stock hubcaps will fit on the Diamonds. ;)

FYI, your stock hubcaps will fit on the Diamonds. ;)

hyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gifhyper.gif

awww-yeah.png

Thats the best news Ive heard all night. Time to buy some 13x7 diamonds. That will give me a little stretch, will clear my brakes, AND let me run hubcaps. Plus, these rims are on the cheap. Im so excited right now. I wonder if theres anywhere local that has them in stock and I can go pick them up. I would just run those now...

Time to buy some 13x7 diamonds. That will give me a little stretch, will clear my brakes, AND let me run hubcaps. Plus, these rims are on the cheap. Im so excited right now.

Might also look into wheels from Bassett and Bart.

I wonder if theres anywhere local that has them in stock and I can go pick them up. I would just run those now...

Any local shops that specialize in dirt track racing? These are commonly called "mini stock" wheels. And usually come in 13x7 and 14x7.

Are their versions of the 13s able to clear ZX brakes as well? And clear basically since the rims curve inward towards the hub where-as steelies are straight down leaving no room for the calipers. Theres some dirt racing out here so maybe I will do some Googling. If I can find a store near-by I will have a set tomorrow mounted up. The hunt is on!

TristinGrind,

The VTO Retro 4 13x7 will fit the 280ZX strut/brakes with a slight modification to the caliper mounting bracket. In unmodified condition, the bracket just touches the wheel. If you grind the ears off bracket you will have clearance.

Area to grind off:

P1010257.JPG

13x7 +0 VTO Retro 4 wheel being bench tested on a 280ZX Strut.

Retro_4_on_280ZX_Strut.JPG

I know, you really want to see the whole wheel, well OK:

Retro_4_-_13x7_Face.JPG

Are their versions of the 13s able to clear ZX brakes as well?

The 13x7 +0 Diamonds clear my 280ZX brakes just fine, so I would assume any of them with the same offset and size would. Can't guarantee it, but I'd bet money on it. ;)

In the other brands, I've only personally tried the 13x7 -12 and -24.

Couple things for today-

Well, due to unforeseen circumstances with family matters I was busy all day. I had a bunch of plans for today but all of the were cancelled... I was suppose to call Diamond Racing Wheels today, but wasnt able to get to them before the closed, especially with the time difference. Looks like I will have to call them on Monday. I still hope they can get here by Thursday.

A couple days ago I was at my buddies shop hanging out. I was watching them with a customers 2Jz swapped 240sx; its a beast and is getting ready for the upcoming drift event at Evergreen Raceway. Anyway, while I was down there I got a free 2G Talon center console. With a little trimming and repainting it works out great... its the best option since its free.

Using a dremel for cutting off the shifter area and utilizing the how-to I posted, you go from this:

9209715105_efeffd0e82_c.jpg

9209715443_3080d0d61b_c.jpg

9209715805_136a7100f6_c.jpg

To this:

9212500142_b022485b5a_c.jpg

Its not the best thing, but it allows me to rock a cup-holder and I have a place to rest my arm while Im driving. It will do for a while anyway. Ill post pictures in the morning when I install it.

*And yes... thats a unicycle.

My last thing for the night is the new edit of my signature. Hopefully this is the way it turns out:

Old:

6850400367_a132745613_o.jpg

New:

6822789072_a38977170d_o.jpg

Im fairly certain Im going back to the OEM olive color whenever I get around to painting it.

I added a cooler to the roofrack.

When I first had the stock version of the car, it was a two door... I just drew in a quick second set of door without actually making it longer. Now there is a scale second door and window section.

I changed the taillights from the stock version to my GLs.

I added the JDM black '73 grill complete with GL emblem

Lastly I added the amber fogs to the front bumper.

I still have a few more things I want to do, like stickers and Im thinking of changing up the front wheel so it shows my SSR MKII instead of the BBK which Im not going to be doing probably. Im also going to try to figure out how to convey an SR20DE with carbs instead of the SR20DET thats in it right now. My front windshield is shaped a bit weird, and I think I need to do something about the wheel wells. Anyway, thats how it stands now. Hope you guys like it... its taken some time to get there.

Nice pixels.

Thanks! Like I said, there are a couple more things I need to change, but hopefully whenever Im done with my car it shall look like that.

Anyway, on to the good stuff... I just ordered a set of Aero Racing wheels in 13x7. They shall be here Wednesday which means I should have the 280zx struts, brakes, and coilovers installed on Thursday. Im going to be stretching the current whitewalls onto the new Aeros. I can finally stop worrying about all the parts I have lying around the living room. Now if only the local wheel refinishing companies would email me back so I can get my SSRs back to new looking.

The more I think about it, I've been looking at the original OEM olive color. It's the same color as Jun's wagon which I love. I'm trying to stay as original as possible... I fell in love with the color as it sits now when I first saw it on CL. I knew I had to have it. The only reason I'm thinking of giving it up is to keep as OG parts as I can. I'm not touching the original shit brown carpet, the champagne panels, and the whitewalls (at least for winter sets). When I get to the paint stage I've been thinking of putting up a poll for the two colors. We shall see.