Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if my Canby To-Do list wasnt big enough, it looks like my cluster is acting up. Sometimes both the fuel gauge and temp gauge dont work... then randomly start working correctly. My speedo is already super crazy above 40mph. Now I have to add this to the list. At least theres barely any "need to do" items on my list and mostly "want to do" items.

only thing that would cause that much excitement is a coupe roof!

Ha! Im this excited when I get new windshield wiper blades for the car... parts are awesome! I wish it was a coupe roof. I wonder if anyone has made a 4dr. "coupe."

You need to get rid of that side moulding :sick:

You say that almost every time I see you. I like it... I just wish it wasnt broken in a few spots. I like that its green and matches the rest of the color scheme.

I just realized i live about 3 minutes from where you work.

Yeah, I saw you the other day on Steele/112th when we waved at each other, and you keep talking about Pacific. I figured ou were close. Mon-Fri you can see my car sitting outside the shop. Its right in between the Lakewood PnP and Beer Essentials. Pumpkn came and visited the other day.

I did buy a few more items for it, but they havent shipped yet and they arent from Japan so its not as exciting. Still parts though!

Whats the status on those SSR's? What color you thinking? Gold would look good and classic but it's done a bunch. Yellow would look good with the scheme you've already got going, that yellow stripe on the D windows is sick. Pink would be a nice contrast too.... almost wanted some sakura knock offs in pink but will probably go with red on my white 240.

Post them pics!

Haha the wheels are currently getting powdercoated right now. They should be done early next week... Im hoping to get tires for them shortly after that and hopefully mounted maybe at the end of next week. They will be one before Canby for sure. I went with the tried and true gold. I didnt want anything too crazy with the green body I have going right now, the gold is classic. As soon as I get them back I will throw up some oics.

Gold will look good no doubt! Can't wait to see em. It's gonna look reeeeal nice with that minty green!

Maaaaybe I'll hit up Canby, all depends on what I get done this weekend and next on my Z, getting up at 630 tomorrow and getting shit done. Got all of that bent up shit out of the Z, gotta get the patch from the JY (ran into some snags the last time) and weld it in, sounds easy but I'm having trouble getting things aligned and the fender is still not sitting right. Few more things here and there and I'll be rolling again though.

lol, I keep thinking the same thing. Then I'm like "What the hell is taking so damn long?!" Work out, shower, rent generator, cut up car at JY, straighten out upper frame rail, weld it in..... seems easy enough. I don't own a welder so I'll probably not get that done until next weekend.

Well keep on keepin on.

Did a little to the car before heading down to Elma for WildRose's birthday BBQ. It was gorgeous outside today so Im hoping it stays that way for tomorrow... Anyway, this arrived yesterday:

7100782077_b40cc564cd_z.jpg

Which turned into this:

6954714104_d29c79a697_z.jpg

Which turned into this:

7100854567_b55361b253_z.jpg

And this:

7100783413_426aceb7f1_z.jpg

• Like 2

I know that grill is pretty sought after, but I think it clutters up the front too much. I'd like to see the whole thing before I make my decision. But those wheels you got coming! I can tell I'm going to like those. I can't wait to see those on this 510. And can't wait to see this at Canby.

Thanks man! For some reason I though the lights would be smaller, but they take up quite a bit of grille... I still like it. The foglights need quite a bit of work though to be honest. The rest of the grille looks great, but the fogs are pretty rusty and the chrome is peeling. Ill probably fix those this Winter. Im really excited about the wheels as well. Im hoping I dont have much work to get them mounted once I choose my tires.

The ones I wanted to run arent in the size I want so I have to do some more searching. Canby is going to be legit.

MMM safari grille! My favorite! I kinda want to make my own with some PIAAs. My shop sells a ton of them (PIAA lights) and well bulbs seem to never last... only reason I havent picked up a pair (and well my car is not on the road yet).

I love the grille as well :D It needs a little work, but Im happy. Still trying to get an emblem for it though... the SSS emblem that goes with it would be a little out of place since I have nothing thats really "SSS" material. Trying to use a '68 if I can get one.

II wanted to add another set of lights up front for a better "safari" or "rally" feel, but Im not sure yet. Still deciding.

Ps. I not have a working sunrooooooooooooof!!!!!!one1!!!1 The seal is now ruined, but I have a working sunroof so fuck it.

Carlos and I had the same idea with doing something like this:

IMG_2912.jpg

Though now that I have the safari grille, I will have to mount the lights closure to the center... Maybe I can mount them infront and at the same level as the bumper hmmm Im still undecided.

I am looking at getting a roof rack... I really like that idea; I dont know what I didnt think of that. The guy Im looking at getting a rack through is on break working on the business side of things so I wont be able to get a rack before Canby like originally wanted. I figured it would be nice to load all my Canby gear up top for the trip, but hes on Summer sabbatical (seems like a stupid time to stop making racks).

Thanks for the suggestion!

ck the wire for POWER when the switch its turned.

remove the hose ans see if water squirts. could be just plugged ends full of dirt rust.

I have a few bottles also. Was going to throw them away

Personally I like the water washer. I use it all the time on my 521.

I took a E guitar string and ran it through mine and cleared the line and now they work perfect.

The guitar string cost 87 cents at guitar center and I did It right in the parking lot

:)