mklotz70 NL320

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally cried "unkle"....I'm gonna tow it there. It should run, but there's no way to get the brakes done in time. Had I not gotten caught up with painting the eng bay, I'd be driving it now! I hadn't planned on. Not sure why I got so sidetracked trying to make it look nice. I was supposed to simply put it together and make it driveable for the summer. It will be, just not this week :(

I'm not even going to be close to bleading brakes. I'll have an E brake, but that's it. I'm going to try to get a couple more cosmetic things done since I can't drive it down. If it's raining, I ain't doin' squat! Sorry.....I hate working on things in a "mobile" situation. I love the Overhaulin' idea....seems like that's what I've been doing anyway. You bring all the tools and supplies and I'll think about it :) Otherwise, I can't imagine what I'd do down there. Heck....I haven't had much sleep.....maybe I'll bring a recliner in the back!!! :)

The mounts are so worn and compressed, the body can't move much, but yes, there should be enough bend. I'm not too worried about it anyway....this is all only temporary! :(

This is as good as it gets for Canby. There's a lot left that I wanted to do, but oh well. I got 4hrs of sleep last night. I need to get the seat in, the hood bolted on and the towbar modified... :(

DCP_6972.jpg

DCP_6973.jpg

DCP_6974.jpg

DCP_6975.jpg

DCP_6979.jpg

DCP_6980.jpg

Haven't touched the grill....it's still rusty, but it's fairly straight....and only temporary :) The valve cover is only half done, but I didn't want to run with the rusted blue one. If it had been a rusted red one........... :)

bling bling?? After less than 4hrs of sleep, it's blink blink.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :)

Managed to miss the first day of Canby :( I finally got on the road heading that way and about 4 miles out, blew a rear tire on the NL. I forgot to cut the excess off the Ubolts and the tire rolled under enough it got sliced wide open! AAA towed me back in under an hour and I made it to America's Tires for a replacement. Got the bolts cut and about 7hrs of sleep! :) So...we'll try it again today!

DCP_6983.jpg

DCP_6984.jpg

DCP_6985.jpg

DCP_6986.jpg

DCP_6987.jpg

I thought someone(most likely PacCoast) asked if I had any rubbing issues. Well, at the time I didn't think so, but I had not tried moving it. I do rub when I try to turn somewhat tight. I'll have to roll the lip.

DCP_6981.jpg

I think the bars got moved about 3 teeth. I couldn't go anymore because of the crossmember, but it was enough anyway.

Thanks Bleach!! :) Sorry I didn't get a chance to chat more with you, but it's always great to see you!!!!

I figure it's my thread, so what better place to post the pics I took of it at the show. Kinda nice seeing it in a different location besides my garage! I did drive it around the fairgrounds several times. The reactions and attention it got today was almost mind blowing!!! I thought my disc brake mod garnished some attention in previous years, but holy cow!!! I'm starting to understand why guys do this..... LOTS OF OOOO'S AND AAAAHHH'S!!!! :)

DCP_6991.jpg

DCP_7000.jpg

DCP_7001.jpg

DCP_7002.jpg

DCP_7006.jpg

DCP_7011.jpg

DCP_7013.jpg

DCP_7016.jpg

Jeff...buddy!!! Always great seeing you, even if it's never long enough!!

Kiz....AWESOME idea!!!! Even a piece of black electrical tape would do the trick!!!

Jason....sorry I missed you! I did check out your 510! Sweet!!! Maybe one of these days my 510's will get some attention! :)