mklotz70 NL320

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha.....the shit you guys notice!!!! I got those vise grips for free in a car I bought and sold. They never get used unless it's something like this where I don't want to ruin/paint/weld my good ones :)

If I'd had more time or gotten going sooner, I had thought about going with the crank trigger :) I also thought about extending the intake up through the hood and putting that carb up on top of a "tunnel ram" :) Would have been more tempted if it had a single barrel carb :)

I'm so in love with the glass beads it isn't funny. You should have seen the clutch disc before it got blasted!

I'll just dip the vise grips....or maybe I'll put them in the molasses....or maybe I'll do them with electrolysis...hhmm....???

2 weeks????? WTF??!!! Why didn't someone tell me??!! :) Um...I'd like to think I'll get it done. Maybe if I get off the dang computer!!!! Neither m/c has linkage yet, nor do they have hardlines. The gas tanks is still brewing. The front brakes are completely off the spindles and I can't find rebuild kits for the calipers I want to use. The eng is still in pieces....I haven't even gotten all the parts cleaned/painted. Still have to put the wiring back in and then mod it to handle the alternator, which still has to have a custom mount fabbed.........

........all things considered, I should be completely done the day after tomorrow!!! :) NOT!!!

2 weeks... and the bed of the truck I'm taking is still full of crap. And the cab is full of extraneous crap... and the wiring looks like, well you get the idea. No way in heck I'll get the windshield replaced so it'll go with cracks and pray the cops don't see it.

I gotta finish the interior too, recover the kickpanels that look like.... yep.

........all things considered, I should be completely done the day after tomorrow!!! :) NOT!!!

Sounds exactly my list of to do's that I now have (2 fuckin weeks are you kidding me!) to get done! Looks like Mike and I will be bringin' a couple of trailer queens to Canby!

2 weeks... and the bed of the truck I'm taking is still full of crap. And the cab is full of extraneous crap... and the wiring looks like, well you get the idea. No way in heck I'll get the windshield replaced so it'll go with cracks and pray the cops don't see it.

I gotta finish the interior too, recover the kickpanels that look like.... yep.

You guys can do it! I got my truck ready :D haha not the good one though :(

I wish I could go long enough to forget :( Datsuns are a more work than some realize to keep them on the road. especially when you commute 80 miles a day. Talk about wear....

Jeff....grab Bleach and bring him down here....I've got plenty of stuff here for you to "re-educate" him on!!! Kind of a "two birds with one stone" thing :) I'm finally getting the eng together. Still have to fab the trans slave cyl mount.

I do about 70mi a day with the wgn...sometimes the 521.

okay...back to it :)

I will see what I can do, you will have to fab a bracket for a Z emblem so we can get him to work on it :D

That's funny!!! I can do the bracket, but you'll have to bring the emblem.....there's no way I'd knowingly buy something like that!! :) hhhmm....I do have 620 Deluxe emblems running around here somewhere :eek:

Well, I got the dizzy back together today.

DCP_6752.jpg

"No Honey, I'm not sick!" .......yea....right!!!!

DCP_6757.jpg

DCP_6758.jpg

......a little glass beads on the bottom and backside(cause it was easier!) and a little buffing on the top :)

DCP_6761.jpg

DCP_6764.jpg

Oh...and about the trailer comment....there's no way in **LL I'm going to trailer my NL to Canby.................................................uummm....but it may get pulled by the towbar! :)

LOL! I was just talking to Paula about that yesterday......I hadn't considered it before, but once I finally get this one together, I'm not going to want to tear out all the nice pretty stuff to start over....so maybe I SHOULD get another one :)

LOL! I was just talking to Paula about that yesterday......I hadn't considered it before, but once I finally get this one together, I'm not going to want to tear out all the nice pretty stuff to start over....so maybe I SHOULD get another one :)

You can't paint that one, it looks way to cool! Paint the next one :D Just lower it and done, well some TR3 to give it the shine :)

super dooper!

My Z would be sad if I went and worked on another one.... even a fake one.

I need to get a rising sun hood made this weekend first. ;)

Maybe you Z needs more attention so its not worried when you work on other ones because it know you will be back, you guys need a more open relationship :)

Above the trim line will not be touched, but it is going to get paint below the trim.....I'm not fond of the attemped bodywork.

I know what you mean, I hate crappy body work to, I get nervous of what's under the bondo. On all the datto's I've taken down to bare metal I have found at least one spot with over an inch of bondo. I guess I only took 3 down to bare metal but hey that still isn't good odds. I used to think they where junk if they had that much bondo or rust, now I just look at it as work :D How many hrs will it take to fix, is it worth it, or should I just squish the bondo back in the dent and forget about it. haha well Mike I to am excited to see under the bondo :D I want to see your body work skills :D

What's wrong with a trailer? Maybe next year I will actually be able to drive my truck to Canby! One of these days maybe I'll transfer the title and get it registered............priorities.....

I need to find out what your serial number is so I can do a "lost title" then it will be mine Awwwhahaha all mine :D

Maybe you Z needs more attention so its not worried when you work on other ones because it know you will be back, you guys need a more open relationship :)

That's true. She's ok with me going out for a little recreational Z'ing as long as her needs are met first... wastegate and exhaust gasket are needing some attention :rolleyes: