mklotz70 NL320

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of ospho....but I didn't know I could get it at Napa...I'll pick some up tomorrow. Thanks.

The glass beads in the blaster are the real key....my other abrasive would have trashed the soft stuff. The screws look new because they are :) I pack rat so much crap....I had these cool little chrome screws left over from a job I had years ago! Sure beat having to try to clean up the old ones!!!

I say it's overkill because once it's in place with the head light and surround...you won't be able to see any of it!!!! :( Maybe I'd have the engine in now if I had just bolted these back in!! :)

what do I care....this was suppose to be a throw away motor after Canby! :) After I make sure it's running well, I may just switch it over to Amsoil....I won't paint the next filter, which should be white.

what do I care....this was suppose to be a throw away motor after Canby! :)

I say you just get another NL keep this one a stocker then you won't have to throw the engine away. Who you kiddin anyways Mike, 1 NL.????Come on haha :D

Chances are good it's going to stay in the rig for a couple of years until I get some other projects done, but if it were to get "thrown away" after Canby, it would be about a $200 throw away......I've got over $100 in parts in the dang thing now. New gaskets, water pump, fuel pump, the EI dizzy, front main seal(still on order), plugs, the alt and it's mod work. I still need to get wires, a belt, hoses......crap...maybe I'll just put the motor in the back of the 521 and just bring it to Canby!! :)

Another NL? .....I'm not saying no, but once I've done one, I don't know that I'm going to want to do another....we'll see. You gotta remember...I more about the fabricating...the vehicle is just the canvas. I'm not driven by having the thought of having a "finished" ride to drive around. Heck...I don't even enjoy driving that much. I just like having an excuse to build stuff. :) Some of the coolest stuff I've built is going on Bre620's truck!!! I'd put some pics up, but it has nothing to do with my NL :)

Heck...I don't even enjoy driving that much. I just like having an excuse to build stuff. :)

Haha I couldn't agree with you more!! :) I just do way to much of it.

So I was reading the BB list (blue birds list aka 510 email thingy) anyways your club posted and said there will be NL's to 350z's entering this year. Do you no if you are the only NL? If so I'm jealous already :( you got credit and the shows 3 weeks away! haha O well :)

Yep....I got the last NOS tranny they had! :)

Snapped a couple of the screws on the headlight bucket...already fixed. Snapped a bolt on the exh mani, but that was on the other E1. It appears that this engine is a lot newer and possibly rebuilt...either way, it's got a lot less miles on it than the original motor. Wish I knew what the serial number meant, cause it's like 200,000 after the other one.....and I don't think they made that many of the E1's for the cars/trucks. No clue.

Just picked up the new rear seal for the tranny......turns out its the same as the z24 5spd tranny......and most likely everyone in between :)

Didn't get motivated until fairly late in the day. I seem to keep finding these "new" parts to put back in. The throwout bearing is a friction style....no bearing involved! First for me :)

DCP_6737.jpg

DCP_6738.jpg

DCP_6739.jpg

DCP_6741.jpg

For some...probably way more than half....of the datsun guys, this is as close to the inside of their dizzy as they're going to get :)

DCP_6742.jpg

DCP_6743.jpg

DCP_6744.jpg

DCP_6745.jpg

DCP_6748.jpg

DCP_6749.jpg

DCP_6750.jpg

Heck....I didn't realize some of these parts were silver...I've only seen them black!! :)

I doubt anyone is paying attention close enough to notice, but it's not the same dizzy I started the EI mod with. The vac advance wasn't working on it and I couldn't get the dang thing to separate from the body......so I pulled another dizzy out of the box :) I was thinking about going for a remote ignitor so it would look more stock, but I want the fact that it's EI to jump out at people :)