mklotz70 NL320

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It almost is, in Oregon... as long as the actual titleholder doesn't notice for several years. Dunno if Oregon requires a visual inspection like WA does, which is almost impossible to get that paperwork approved anyhow. Unless the vehicle hasn't been registered in over 25 years, then it's a bit easier.

lost title.....that's funny!! That's exactly why I transfered the title to my name immediately!!! If you file for a lost, it comes back in my name...you get no where. If the original owner of Beebani's decided he wanted it back, he could file for lost title, then send the cops to his place to get his truck back. Beebani might win in the end, but he'd have to sue the original owner and hope that the judge believed him. If he didn't have a bill of sale, he'd be completely screwed. I can't imagine putting that much work and money into a rig that isn't legally mine first! I'm not that brave! I had a chain of bill of sales from about 3-4 people on the NL. They all matched up, so they issued the title transfer right away. So...I guess if you can forge/lie well enough, you could probably get it past DMV :)

I have all the tools, but haven't really done any body work yet :) We'll see. I know for a fact that there are big rust holes over the rear fender lips...you can feel the bondo on the backside. That will be a challenge.....or at least a good excuse for some more tools!! :)

Changed out most of the nuts/bolts to new grade 8 stuff.....dang near $50 just in hardware in that eng now!! :( I'm not bringing the NL....I'm just going to bring the motor on a pedestal!!!! :)

I was hoping to get a bit farther, but I got a bit sidetracked helping another 320 owner. Oh well. Started the fab work on the alt bracket. Hopefully, I'll get that done tomorrow and then I can make the clutch slave mounting bracket. THEN.....I'll move onto the brake lines!! :) Yeehaw!!!

Lost title is easy in Washington:

1. Go to dept. of licensing agent to get the last Registered Owner info. This is trickier if the title was issued outside of WA, you'll have to get the data from that state as well

2. Send registered letter to that address

3. When it comes back "undeliverable", go back to DOL and they will issue a provisional title. After two years you get a permanent title.

The good thing is, the original owner signed over the title. So I'm not so worried. Not to mention, the orig. owner is a dushbag who now lives in Wyoming. I just haven't been too worried about spending the money to register a rig that I can't even drive on the road yet!

See, that's where I ran into problems. I tried both the county license agency and a couple subagents, NONE would give me the info on the prior owner. And I even had the prior owner's NAME, just not the address.

yes, exactly! Not since the 80's have they been just handing out that info.

I've looked for any kind of information on this online and found nothing. A lien sale is all I could find on aquiring a title.

Now, if the owner is someone you knew and they just dissapeared one day does anyone know of a place to find out if they are registered as being deceased or in prison?

I think that's what he means... get the VIN, say He bought it and lost the title...

Haha yep thats what I mean :D

It almost is, in Oregon... as long as the actual titleholder doesn't notice for several years. Dunno if Oregon requires a visual inspection like WA does, which is almost impossible to get that paperwork approved anyhow. Unless the vehicle hasn't been registered in over 25 years, then it's a bit easier.

Few my 59 hasn't been licensed since 79, which was before I was born!! So hopefully it will be easy...

Mike you better post some pics or this tittle thing could go on for a way to long :D Sorry about steeling a page or so of your thread buddy..... I could make a tittle thread if you guys think I should to get this stuff out of Mikes thread?

Usually it would bother me, but this isn't a "how to" thread.....so I haven't cared. I'm just surprised how many guys have been on here.

No pics today...maybe tomorrow. Dave C. came over and put the windshield in for me....I helped a bit. Cleaned the top of the dash while I was at it. That's one more thing off the list....only 200 more to go!! :) Hopefully more pics tomorrow night.

I got the gasket from Scott's. Some of this stuff is out there, but most people want it dirt cheap or free....so they make it sound like there's nothing available. Just like all the guys saying they want an NL so badly. I've seen at least two, if not 3 up for sale at reasonable prices and yet they don't get sold. I got a good deal on mine, but it certainly wasn't free!! Maybe windows are a better example. Supposedly there are no windows to be found......but there's new ones available.....just no dirt cheap or free ones. Anyway.....that sounds too much like a rant....oh well....my thread! :)

New pics!! It was alot easier to polish the top of the dash while the window was out!!

DCP_6770.jpg

DCP_6773.jpg

DCP_6774.jpg

Dave Carter came over and did the window for me. Then he came over again today and we got it's attitude adjusted just a bit.

I was getting a pudgy when I snapped the first couple of pics!!

DCP_6778.jpg

DCP_6780.jpg

DCP_6782.jpg

DCP_6785.jpg

Schwing!!!!!!!!!

DCP_6787.jpg

DCP_6789.jpg

DCP_6797.jpg

Yep...it's on the bumpstops in the back...2 leafs pulled and 3" blocks. Front torsion bars got reclocked and the bumpstops got cut down by half. It bounces like a mother!!! But it looks just like I was envisioning in my wet dreams!!! :)

I'm still deciding on the vertical bumper pieces. They're the only vertical lines on the front....I guess I'll have to pull them to see what I think.

If someone wants to take the last pic and photochop the bottom(below the trim) flat black and the rims red...... :) hint hint Icehouse! :) oh....I'm thinking I'm going to put the white walls out on the new tires. Their thin(3/4"), but I think it will add some flavor.

I know it's not low enough for some guys, but for a static drop...it's low enough!!!!

All the front end stuff just went on temp for a photo op :) Still a ton of work to do!!!

BIG THANKS TO DAVE CARTER!!!!!!!

Dam that looks good! Its exactly how I invisioned it :D I have driven tons of slammed rigs, I know exactly what you are talking about :D I will do some photo shopping when I get home :)

I want your rig so bad! It looks so good now.

Okay I haven't got the white walls on yet :( I will work on them tomorrow :D

MikesflatblackNL.jpg

haha I figure last time I photo dropped it you lowered it to match so I couldn't help it :D

I like the read better but the flat black is alright. It sure helps to see it. The body work was hard to get out of the flat black feww that was fun :D

O was that what you wanted off the bumper to?

I polished the dash with Meguir's Heavy Cut(something like that) and the mini DA. I used white polish compound by hand in the tight sposts.

DCP_6767.jpg

That pic is awesome Jeff!!!! Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!! One of these days it will be that low, but for a driveable, static drop, I don't think I want to go any lower....it's right at the scrub line right now. If I get a flat, I'll be doin' some scrappin'.

Paula really likes the bumper guards, but I'm having a hard time seeing them on there. Maybe I'll pull them to see how it looks....make my decision then.

As long as you're going to put the white walls on, can you change the rim color to red??? I know you don't any more time on your hands than I do...so I really appreciate you doing the flat black!!! I love it!!!!! Maybe I'll get to it in a couple of days, but it will get the black before Canby even if it's not running!!!