mklotz70 NL320

Are we having fun with Photobucket yet??!! :)

This is kinda like having the horse behind the cart, but here's a few of the NL itself. I suppose I should dig up the "how/where I found it" pics too :)

DCP_6612.jpg

DCP_6613.jpg

DCP_6614.jpg

DCP_6615.jpg

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great thread Mike! yeah! Doesn't it feel great saving a Datto :D Reading this makes me want a NL, or at least go for a ride in yours :) Keep the pics and updates coming Mike :D

I really think you should wax the outside of the truck though, I love shiny primer and rust :D

This is a great thread Mike! yeah! Doesn't it feel great saving a Datto :D Reading this makes me want a NL, or at least go for a ride in yours :) Keep the pics and updates coming Mike :D

I really think you should wax the outside of the truck though, I love shiny primer and rust :D

hhhmmm....I suppose I am saving this one...hadn't really thought about that. Maybe it will atone for my dats I've previously cut up :(

You'll probably be able to walk faster than this will drive!! :) But I will probably try to have a passenger along ANY time I drive it......gonna need someone to push!! :)

Kiz.........really? Do ya really? You're cute enough....just not equipped right! LOL!!!

i love glass beaders. My brother in-law has a glass bead booth the only problem is with my big parts we have to set up the gravity feed outside.. so this winter i am going to tear my truck down to the frame and blast everything :D.... he just needs to get a bigger oven for the powdercoater....;)

I haven't gotten near as much done as I would have if I didn't keep stopping to take pictures!!! :)

If my tumbler doesn't prove itself with the GB's in it, then it's going back. I came up with something faster, better......and WAY cheaper!!!! :) I'll post it up later on the rust removal thread.

I have a part in the acid right now....so I better get back to it!

In Fancy Town we call that "PATINA"

I haven't gotten near as much done as I would have if I didn't keep stopping to take pictures!!! :)

I love all the pics, its like I'm right there with you working on a NL! yeah :D

2eDeYe;8165']Faster? I am intrigued (sp' date=' is that a word?)

:D[/quote']

How Mike!!

In Fancy Town we call that "PATINA"

So your a fan to?

I gotta take a bit of a nap.....so I can make it into work to take my main nap! :)

I took the tumbler back. I'll try to post tonight at work....if I can stay awake.

"I love all the pics, its like I'm right there with you working on a NL! yeah " If you were, I wouldn't be so damn tired right now!!! :) Probably put in 9hrs and it sure seems like all I got done was some dang nuts and bolts! :(

more later...hopefully :)

Okay Mike I read your post on NWDE even though I didn't want to....:mad: haha

Latex gluves don't protect you Mikey, I was using paint remover on part of my project, I was wearing the same gloves and I could feel the acid burning my fingers:eek: Then I decided I would triple them up haha it didn't help :) Tana came down later and told me that Boeing doesn't allow latex because it doesn't protect against chemicals. I bought some that where made for chemicals and that kinda thing. They where so burley I could barely move my fingers haha. They weren't burning anymore though :)

:) I feel special!! Maybe that's the first step in reuniting the dato communities :)

I don't use latex...I've only worn nitrile for years. I've got a case of them, so I think I still have about 800+?? Anyway... they work just fine with the acid. I was handling the parts as they came out, but I was rinsing my fingers in the water bucket as I put the parts in. I know the nitrile melt with brake cleaner, but they do pretty good in the mineral spirits I have in the parts cleaner. I need to find a source for phosphoric acid and try that. It leaves behind a protective coating instead of promoting rust like the muriatic.

Anyway.....thanks for reading it :)

it's this kind of overkill that's going to have me towing a very ugly NL with a very pretty engine bay to Canby!! :( Damn details!!!

Call it "Thorough" instead and you'll feel better about it :D

Hey Mike, looks good! There's this stuff we use at work to remove zinc plating off of bolts and things before we weld them, it's called "ospho" it is primarily used to prep parts for painting. It has both muriatic and phosphoric (hence the name) acid in it. It converts the rust into a dust that you brush off like a powder and leaves the metal ready for primer or paint. We buy it through our bolt dist. but I've seen it at NAPA, you might check it out.;)