mklotz70 NL320

Thanks guys. :)

I took the pics of the suspension travel. There's no way I'll bottom out a shock. I could drop it a couple more inches and still not! :)

Here it is up hard against the bumpstop. If you look toward the bottom of the shock, you'll see a long line from a Sharpie....that's where the shock bottoms out. Tons of room!!! I won't go any lower since I'm pretty close to the scrub line anyway....meaning if I get a flat, I'll be scrapping crossmember.

DCP_8473.jpg

At ride height, I have about 3" of travel before hitting the bumpstop.

DCP_8474.jpg

With it fully extended, I've got about 5.25" of travel....that ought to be a lot nicer than the 0" I had last year :)

DCP_8475.jpg

I went to mount up a rim and the centering nubs don't clear....mmmm...can't tell you how nice it is to have the lathe at times like this!!

DCP_8476.jpg

Even though the rim wasn't on all the way, you'll get the idea... When I hit the bumpstop, I'm tuckin' white wall! :) No Jeff....it's not staying there!!

DCP_8477.jpg

DCP_8479.jpg

DCP_8480.jpg

DCP_8481.jpg

Edited by mklotz70
  • Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOWW I like the lathe! I had a buddy at work turn some stuff for me. I just can't seem to trust myself with that machine :D It seems like it would come in handy so much :D What are you turning the hubs down for? Bigger rims?

The first pic with the rims shows how the nubs won't let the rim go on. So I trimmed it down some :)

Turned out that the second hub had a bad bend in one of the lug flanges....so I hammered it back close, then put it back in the lathe and shaved .020 off the face and trued it back up. Saved me all the time and money of going to the s/y to get another hub!! :)

gotta sleep :)

When do you want me to send my 521 control arm to you and be "Z'ed"? :D

I can only wish to have that much suspension travel and not bottom out.

Let's see how they actually work first :)

blacking out the bars on the grill looks great. Suprised more people don't do it. Makes the 320 look amazing. Your truck has some very nice stuff going on.. keep it up.

Thanks. I had to do something to cover all the rust :)

that is going to be a sweet ride

I'll take your word for it.........I have no intentions of tasting it! :P

I'm putting air shocks on the rear and if I thought it would sit low enough with the air out, I'd be tempted to take a wrench and back the bolts down :) What a pain to run it back up to move it......and I'm lazy :)

No intentions of selling at this point. I see me keeping it a minumum of two more years. But...I told Paula that if someone put $8K in my hand, it would go bye-bye. I know that way high, but I'm not motivated to sell it...........but everything has it's price :) After seeing a really nice 520 for sale at the show this weekend....for $4000.....$8grand doesn't sound completely pyscho.

It drives pretty nice right now. I got to put about 120 miles on it this weekend going back and forth to Canby. I just need to get the rear riding as nice as the front!! :)

I'd like to thank everyone for the nice comments and the votes at the show. I think I got lucky that the other NL didn't show up until most of the people had already voted :) I'm glad so many people like it. I can't go this week, but I will start taking her to the PIR cruisin' on wednesdays....we'll see how the american steel guys respond to her :)

Big thanks to Dave Carter (A100addict) again for all the preshow help!!!

Even bigger thanks to my wife Paula!!!! Holy cow did she bail my butt out this year!! Glass beading, polishing, parts running! Between thurs morning and sunday evening, we got about 15hrs of sleep. Today we get to play catch-up! :)

it was cool seeing it in person, that suspension work looks great. seeing it next to my 320 makes me really think i need to lower mine at least a little bit. you kept talking sunday and on here about that other NL showing up but did you not think my truck was going to be any competition in the class?