Sightings

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like those wheels on the 521. Wonder where I 'll find me a set. Hmm.

Mine have 10 holes, but would look pretty much the same if you painted them all one color.

IMG_20160408_092550_zpsdiyc8ima.jpg

• Like 3

Mine have 10 holes, but would look pretty much the same if you painted them all one color.IMG_20160408_092550_zpsdiyc8ima.jpg

Except they're not aluminum like the ones posted.

I've seen some K5s and C10 Suburbans with wheels that look close to that. Is that what those are from.

On the hunt.

I've seen some K5s and C10 Suburbans with wheels that look close to that. Is that what those are from.

On the hunt.

Ah yeah didn't notice you could see depth in the holes. I'm not %100 sure what they are off of originally but I've been told twice they look like K5's, so let's just go with that.

• Like 1

On the hunt.

19577.jpg

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/Chevrolet-K5Blazer-1986_p-19577-aluminum-alloy-wheel-rim-15x7-1228.aspx?variantid=19582&ref=g-pla&gclid=CJqAwJy0is4CFZBhfgodGesMAA

or

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/c-2283-oem-aluminum-alloy-wheels_chevrolet-k5blazer.aspx

To me they look like an oxidized set of these...

eagle_117_large.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Eagle-6-lug-Wheel-/142059487495?hash=item211367c107:g:gGUAAOSwv9hW5YRV&vxp=mtr

The early runs of the Eagle rims had smaller holes than the current versions. The depth just isn't there on the OEM GM rims.

Upon further research, it may be the Model 058 just has smaller holes then a Model 186.

Link to the Model 058  http://www.bigwheels.net/?location=wheels&action=view_model&model=Eagle%20058

• Like 1

Good hunting.

I may try to hunt down some of those GM 15x7.

I think those would be a better option for me. Get me a tire fitment I like better/easier.

That 521 above looks like it's running something close to 15x10.

They look sweet. I just don't want the headache that comes along with deep offset wheels. I'm already stressed with my rally wheels as is.

Good hunting.

I may try to hunt down some of those GM 15x7.

I think those would be a better option for me. Get me a tire fitment I like better/easier.

That 521 above looks like it's running something close to 15x10.

They look sweet. I just don't want the headache that comes along with deep offset wheels. I'm already stressed with my rally wheels as is.

If you like the tires I have on mine they're 205/50/15. Wheels are 15x8 though.

Gato, I have a set of 15s without such a deep lip on them that are that style I would be willing to sell. I can send you pics if you're interested. I'm in Utah though. PM me if interested.

Only partially.

I have plenty of yards around here I can pick from. The hunt is half the fun.

And...if you have ever seen my wheels, or heard the story behind them, you'd understand that I'm not in a huge hurry to replace them.

Thanks though.

Bring them to Canby next year and the impulse may force me to pull out my wallet.

Gato, I have a set of 15s without such a deep lip on them that are that style I would be willing to sell. I can send you pics if you're interested. I'm in Utah though. PM me if interested.

If gato doesn't want them...I might if they fit a 620....getting one real soon...I might even be able to pick them up since I can get a load to Salt Lake area every once in a while....like I said, only if gato doesn't want them.

So I’m driving north on the I-5  after 9 AM in north county San Diego. Coming from a doctor appointment on my way back to work, contemplating my place in life. Cruising at a good clip in my DD,  doing 75 + mph in the #2 lane heading through Encinitas, gazing out my peripheral vision to blue ocean on my left.  I lazily wonder if I should take the fast lane and responsibly hustle back to work any faster or not.  After glancing in my driver’s door mirror  to see if the lane is clear… I don’t see any safety issues. But I notice I’m suddenly feeling really good like I’ve just visited with a very close friend I haven’t seen in years.

Not knowing why I’m feeling that way I glance again to the mirror and see the usual  streams of white, black, and silver cars trailing behind me.   I refocus on the forward traffic and realize I’m still dreadfully on my way to work…when my brain catches up and it all comes together. Just about to pass me in the fast lane doing 10- 15 mph faster than me… is something very low to the ground, wide tires and a flat hood, square headlights staring at me with a familiar grill … is an exact silver twin to my 1980 200 SX!  These first year 2nd gen 200SX’s with the big square taillights were only made one year and there weren’t a lot made. The whole 2nd generation were only made for 4-5 years so you hardly ever see them.  I’ve never seen another going down the road, just a really rough one at a swap meet. This one was really complete with fresh paint and nice rims and tires.

FullSizeRender2_zpsg4hgteji.jpg

IMG_7605_zps0ihsszy8.jpg

I followed him for a few miles on the freeway and was happy he took the same off-ramp as me. Followed him a couple more miles east when he took a left still going toward my work! What sleepy dumb-ass thing did I do next instead of seeing if he stopped some place public where I could talk with him a few minutes about his Datsun, and close to my work??? I turned into the shopping center for a breakfast burrito and killed the opportunity entirely. Its probably a good thing as he might have noticed me snapping pics and thought I was stalking his ride.  But it sure made my day. I’m still excited.

• Like 5

A 300 year old woman (approximately)  that loves that car like her child ....

She lives somewhere out in the area between the road just north of that location and the roads that Micheal T Simmons on ,,, and that road that is the backway to Jdick-lips shop .... i have talked to her a couple times trying to get her to take it to Canby or Blue lake.... She always says "that sounds nice maybe i will"  ...... nope

That interior is amazing

0726160910_zpsra6qtp3b.jpg
0726160909_HDR_zpsjtrjg9j8.jpg

• Like 3

A 300 year old woman (approximately)  that loves that car like her child ....

She lives somewhere out in the area between the road just north of that location and the roads that Micheal T Simmons on ,,, and that road that is the backway to Jdick-lips shop .... i have talked to her a couple times trying to get her to take it to Canby or Blue lake.... She always says "that sounds nice maybe i will"  ...... nope

That interior is amazing

lol dick lips 

• Like 2