Sightings

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw a pretty straight 510 station wagon mustard yellow at the Chevron near my house on Saturday night. Was driving the B210 and stopped by and talked to them and gave a Ratsun card, they said they were on the realm though. They had just bought the car from Oregon and were having starter problems, looked like it had weber sidedrafts. They ended up getting it push started. Sorry for the crappy phone pic, I kinda forgot to take a pic until I was leaving. I suggested they come by the Friday meet.

2b1fd527.jpg

no kidding... i now have an urge to go there ... i want to take all the z's! (ive only seen one z here.... and it wasnt for sale)

Owner had 5 wharehouses full of parts he's down to 2 1/2 downsizing to stay in business alot of cars, parts and knowledge worth the trip

He has a few Z's for sale on the Seattle area craigslist.

saw these two parked way back in a court in Pleasent hill CA at the same house dont have any cards tho... wanted to write down ratsun and leave it with them

IMG-20120124-01322.jpg

IMG-20120124-01323.jpg

Those are Kurt Farry's 510's. That dude helped me work on my 510 back in the day (in 1988). Too funny for me to come across these photos. He is very "proud" of his 510's.

• Like 1

Ran into Figbuck at the PNP today, was nice to get to know you a bit man.

37879660.jpg

Ratsun photo-op..

1ec5ced3.jpg

How did that rolling shot turn out? I wanna see...

I seen him also, I was getting ready to leave when he pulled in, I forgot to take a photo though. :(

We talked a while, but I had to go.

Wayne, I should have taken a pic of your what iz that thang, a 520 LD KC? Crazy. When I came back my crappy camera was sitting on the seat. A missed OICOP.

The weather here has been spooky. Sumthin' ain't right. It is warm and sunny, no rain... a little wind. What nice days... to roam all the P 'n Ps. :cool:

There are some nice trucks in every yard. It was making me sad thinking about them getting crushed. I think about taking every single part that could reasonably be restored and stock piling them. You look at a door that is dented but there are hinges, window regulators, you know all kinds of little thing that over time will be unobtainable. A couple of 620s were rusted through, but one or two of them could have been good project trucks. Those are the ones that really hurt. Oh well, I guess it's like hunting for game, you must be thankful that their deaths will let others live!! :rolleyes: :P :lol: :unsure: :blink: :o :(

As some of you know, I just unloaded a ton of 620 parts, gave, sold and dumped six or seven years worth of junk yard scavenging... What the &%$# am I doing looking for parts? I'm on a mission to finish my truck no matter what. It has come a long way but... the list is still long, and I'm going to try and stay focused and knock items off the list one at a time.

In ten years of hunting the PDX yards I've never seen a matchbox dizzy. Right in the front row were two 620s, one with the matchbox on the front and one on the back. SCORE!!

Sorry I beat you str8_69... but dude, you got the intermittent wiper switch!!! I wish I had a video of the guy at the counter telling you it was $68 for two windshield washer bottles! What a dope.

My camera is such a piece of junk. The shutter goes off like two seconds after you pull the trigger. Ya never know what you are going to get.

str8s6203.jpg

I thought if I could get close enough, I could get the Mountain to pop out in the background on zoom. Kinda worked.

str8s6202.jpg

lMt.St Helens looked huge and close, so does Hood on clear days. With the sun going down it looks smoggier that it did earlier.

str8s6201.jpg

It was nice seeing you guys... sorry I'm not in a better head space... I'm so up that even when I look down... I'm still up.

These were in my camera too from a month ago. Anybody know who's car is this cute little thing? I've seen it parked here a couple times.

Ratmsg510.jpg

On SE Stark x MLK and Grand. I met a guy who works for the Consigned Home Furnishings store who has an '80 Datsun Pickup. I wonder if maybe he got this?

Ratmsg510b.jpg

Guest kamakazi620

Wayne, I should have taken a pic of your what iz that thang, a 520 LD KC? Crazy. When I came back my crappy camera was sitting on the seat. A missed OICOP.

The weather here has been spooky. Sumthin' ain't right. It is warm and sunny, no rain... a little wind. What nice days... to roam all the P 'n Ps. :cool:

There are some nice trucks in every yard. It was making me sad thinking about them getting crushed. I think about taking every single part that could reasonably be restored and stock piling them. You look at a door that is dented but there are hinges, window regulators, you know all kinds of little thing that over time will be unobtainable. A couple of 620s were rusted through, but one or two of them could have been good project trucks. Those are the ones that really hurt. Oh well, I guess it's like hunting for game, you must be thankful that their deaths will let others live!! :rolleyes: :P :lol: :unsure: :blink: :o :(

As some of you know, I just unloaded a ton of 620 parts, gave, sold and dumped six or seven years worth of junk yard scavenging... What the &%$# am I doing looking for parts? I'm on a mission to finish my truck no matter what. It has come a long way but... the list is still long, and I'm going to try and stay focused and knock items off the list one at a time.

In ten years of hunting the PDX yards I've never seen a matchbox dizzy. Right in the front row were two 620s, one with the matchbox on the front and one on the back. SCORE!!

Sorry I beat you str8_69... but dude, you got the intermittent wiper switch!!! I wish I had a video of the guy at the counter telling you it was $68 for two windshield washer bottles! What a dope.

My camera is such a piece of junk. The shutter goes off like two seconds after you pull the trigger. Ya never know what you are going to get.

str8s6203.jpg

I thought if I could get close enough, I could get the Mountain to pop out in the background on zoom. Kinda worked.

str8s6202.jpg

lMt.St Helens looked huge and close, so does Hood on clear days. With the sun going down it looks smoggier that it did earlier.

str8s6201.jpg

It was nice seeing you guys... sorry I'm not in a better head space... I'm so up that even when I look down... I'm still up.

These were in my camera too from a month ago. Anybody know who's car is this cute little thing? I've seen it parked here a couple times.

Ratmsg510.jpg

On SE Stark x MLK and Grand. I met a guy who works for the Consigned Home Furnishings store who has an '80 Datsun Pickup. I wonder if maybe he got this?

Ratmsg510b.jpg

That's Wagon Dave's old wagon catchup it's got a l20b with a weber and dogleg some cute chick bought it

I know this isn't technically a Datsun, but.... you just don't see many of these body style Nissan's. Just had to take a picture.

IMG_0249.jpg

Dale

I drove a pulsar like that for a few months

I ran down Chris and Audrey , they swung into leverage park and let me snap a pic.

Good luck on you ventures guys!

2012-02-05135822.jpg

2012-02-05135806.jpg

Real good lookin moare door!

I guess this is not a datsun, but it was nice looking, but mostly I am posting this photo because if you look on the mirror, you see a disabled hanger, I talked to them, I walked away figuring that they must be metally disabled, because they had no issues walking into the store. :lol: :lol:

DSCN0498.jpg

I guess this is a smart car, but the people driving it are, hmmmmm.