1978 620 King Cab 4X4

]2eDeYe

Found the leak :rofl:

IMG_7075_zps8d582c20.jpg

Seal was still in perfect shape, put the new one in anyways. 

IMG_7076_zpse77af461.jpg

Random pics of the tcase adapter and drive train on the ground. :lol:

IMG_7067_zps52bfc2e5.jpg

IMG_7068_zpsc4557536.jpg

IMG_7071_zps260130b6.jpg

IMG_7074_zps1e5b4760.jpg

Thanks again Nuff for the help. Went quick and easy. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks man, it gets better and better. Really enjoying it.

Did you replace the whole gasket and seal? my ka wont stop leaking its the second time around now, and i'm gonna be pulling the trans. trying to see if i'm missing something going on with these rear mains.

The sealant on the housing was still good, the seal just popped out. I got a new one from Napa, made in Japan, that fit in there nice an tight.

So, what was the cause of the leak? I don't see it in the photo..

I close looped the PCV system, it built up pressure and popped the seal right out. Got lucky, no permanent damage and no more leaks. Basically I am a lucky dumbass. :lol:

I don't know but the last few orange seals I've put in ka have been loose. I can put them In easily.

I was blown away when I saw it just sitting there on the crank. I thought for sure it was the sealing surface that blew out.

The blue one I got from Napa was $11, $2 cheaper than the fel-pro orange one at Oreillys, said made in Japan on the UPC code sticker and was a day out. The local Nissan dealer wanted $40 and 3 days to ship. Just an FYI next time your in the market.

I bought a crate motor for my mazda ...... from s and j in spokanistan.........man I wish I woulda rebuilt the old motor.....timing belt skipped a tooth in first 1500 miles....tensioner not tight ....front cover has been off the motor twice....once for front main walking off the crank .....once for water pump issues ......re torqued the head after 10 miles ..... its just been a real nightmare ... and prolly wouldn't have been if I didn't spend more for a 4cyl crate motor then i did for a small block chevy from a dealership....s and j were ok about the whole deal .... I was a little miffed about they only pay for parts in these situations....I told them the three dollar seal is not the annoying part its the 4 hours everytime I have to do something to my "new" motor....main seal I bought was way nicer and fit better then the one that came with it.....I still think the front is better then a rear though ... dropping a tranny is not exciting ....the nice part is working on a truck like this u can sit up right underneath the truck and rarely use jackstands ...trucks a beast red ... trucks a beast looking forward to more action shots

• 3 weeks later...

Got to go play in the woods today. Me and Shonuff drove and my Mom rode along. 

Truck did real well, blew out the stupid rubber connector at the steering u-joint. 

Here's some pics. I got some good go pro video, but I need to edit it a bit. Nuff should have some good shots as well. Enjoy, I did. :)

IMG_7250.JPG

IMG_7252.JPG

IMG_7253.JPG

IMG_7254.JPG

IMG_7256.JPG

IMG_7257.JPG

IMG_7259.JPG

IMG_7260.JPG

IMG_7266.JPG

IMG_7269.JPG

IMG_7274.JPG

IMG_7277.JPG

• Like 4

I got the go pro video put together. It's kinda long may be a little boring in spots unless you like long drives in the woods. We took an easier trail and I was taking it easy on the truck for the most part. I think Nuff might be doing a highlight real though. The first bit of video is me following Nuffs Toyota, the end is him following me. You can hear the rubber steering isolator deal pop right at the end :lol:

Hopefully he will finish chasing tail and post some pictures soon. I didn't get any pics of the trail repair. :blush: 

Video is still loading.

Note to self, top off power steering fluid. :lol:
  • Like 2

wut, im recently single... are you saying that going wheeling and hiting on chicks is not what i should be doing for a weekend? :fu:

anyways here is my side o the story, should hopefully be done with the short vid soon ish, im a slow editor

en route

IMG_2183_zpsae94e0dc.jpg

ooh hey sweet datsun and swap meet

IMG_2184_zps617e74d1.jpg

i drove there, it really felt like i was way more flexed out when i parked it, posing fail.

IMG_2188_zpsb28a7927.jpg

obligatory dog/wheeler shot

IMG_2194_zps972b3b6c.jpg

then ratsun happend

IMG_2196_zpsdc03177a.jpg

ive had one of these in my truck for years and every yota ive owned, never seen one break. im blaming the loose steering box and the surface area of the 720 column flange, yota one is flatter and has meta lthat mirrors the metal on the rag joint. if you wanna donor column lemme know

IMG_2197_zpsbfac8ee9.jpg

then we added water to my instant yota work bench

IMG_2198_zpsdd406d31.jpg

cut some shit (video)

th_IMG_2199_zps360306b3.jpg

and blamo, easy bake oven

IMG_2200_zps9f534c0e.jpg

looks legit...

IMG_2201_zps52e48a30.jpg

we're out

IMG_2202_zps6631f5fd.jpg

i was impressed, the tires tucked in awesome. no kissing at all in the front and some bitchen self clearencing on the rear, need pics hippy :fu:

• Like 3

ooh hey sweet datsun and swap meet

IMG_2184_zps617e74d1.jpg

ive had one of these in my truck for years and every yota ive owned, never seen one break. im blaming the loose steering box and the surface area of the 720 column flange, yota one is flatter and has meta lthat mirrors the metal on the rag joint. if you wanna donor column lemme know

IMG_2197_zpsbfac8ee9.jpg

i was impressed, the tires tucked in awesome. no kissing at all in the front and some bitchen self clearencing on the rear, need pics hippy :fu:

That red 620 was dope, quick with the camera. I didn't get mine out in time :lol:

I'm hitting PaP after work today to get another yota steering joint. I can put two of the same ends on one joint as the splines are the same. I'll be sure to keep a photo record.

I'll get a picture of the freshly flared bedside as well. It needs some massaging to look right.

my truck sounds like yours... lol

this looks like a ton of fun. i need to get the subi fixed so i can go wheelin.. :lol:

KA's sound great, plenty of power too   :D

Ok, got a couple shots of the self clearance/flare. This is the more dramatic side.

IMG_7311_zps927e5ea9.jpg

IMG_7312_zps99052d17.jpg

IMG_7313_zpsd9a10470.jpg

This actually is working out pretty close to what I originally envisioned. I need to lengthen the support bar in front and pull this further out, The rear needs rolled a little and pulled out a bit. Should be good to go, if I end up not liking it I have spare lowers that I can modify more to my liking and weld on. I may end up sectioning the whole wheel well to make it longer, but this will do for now.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...