My Yello620

yello620

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent thirteen hours straight on this today, slow going at that.

Installed transmission, then installed motor. They will not go in together without cutting the core support.

Jester came to help for a few hours, swapped out my dash harness to a 79 harness. I had a couple melted wires on the 76 harness and i wanted the flash-to-pass feature that was available in 79. So also changed out the turn signal switch to get that feature in the switch.

Installed the driveline too. Temporarily installed the radiator, need to figure out how i am mounting my electric fan.

Should be working on wiring tomorrow.

Ohh, and that's for the help Jester.

IMG096.jpgIMG095.jpg

IMG090.jpgIMG089.jpg

IMG088.jpgIMG087.jpg

IMG086.jpgIMG085.jpg

Wish I was a little closer to your place so I could help some more. Had a great time.

Saturday we got the engine harness in, fuel pump mounted, and got started on the temporary exhaust. It was nice having two of us for that. Jason did the cutting while I stayed under the truck for trial fitting. Would have been a bitch for one guy.

In the morning? Slacker!! You know the pic whores need pics.

IMAG0094.jpg

• Like 1

It's looking really good in there, I bet you can't wait to drive it, but I also beleave your going to do it right, I just can't see you taking shortcuts now, it's been a long process for you, but in the end I don't beleave your going to have any major issues either, it's been to thought out to have missed anything major. It's going to be a thing of beauty when it is finished.

time to change your sig jason

Idea's??

Truck does not run. YET!!!

After getting my ass kick by oversized fuel line the better part of the day, i did the last step of hooking the supply line to the tank and powering the pump. Only to find that i screwed up somewhere and my fuel supply is coming out what is supposed to be the return line in the engine bay. F.

So now i have fuel in the lines and need to re-do the front three feet of line where the worst bends were. about a $5 mistake. Not too bad, could be a lot worse.

But was hoping to only deal with an open fuel smell once. :(

Yesterday: Finished up the fuel lines. Pressurized the fuel system, pump seems to be working good. Also did a bit of temporary wiring, just to see things working. Wiring needs some major cleanup, and routed properly still.

Today: Did a little more wiring troubleshooting, found a faulty ignition switch(cause of the hard start with the L20b, most likely). Switch was losing ignition power in the start position. So now that i had power to the ECU when cranking, it allowed the injectors to start firing and start getting the air out of the fuel system. I also made a super ghetto intake tube, just to hear it run. It will also help me route hoses for the idle motor. And i spent less than $5 on it. Super ghetto abs pipe. But it made the truck run and also helped to remotivated the project by hearing it run.

After a fair bit of cranking, it fired up and sounds really pissed.

Only has about 12" of exhaust pipe off of each manifold, pipes dump just below the torsion bars right now.

Still need to wire up the idle control motor so the idle will come down a bit. But i found radiator hoses that fit reasonably well, so the system is now full of water, and i have ran the motor for around 45 minutes. Engine has come up to running temperature and cycled the cooling fan several times. So happy to be loosing the L motor airplane sound.