My Yello620

yello620

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First drive was a two mile loop and back to the garage. :D That went well, but really damn loud.

Second drive about 45 minutes later was about 18 miles to the exhaust shop. :blink: That was really loud too. Went well though. Running really rich, black clouds. But i am assuming that the rich running is probably to the missing oxygen sensor. So i will deal with that when i get it back.

Truck is fast, i was hoping for a little faster. Kinda hoping that some backpressure will actually help it out.

Also has a brand new clutch in it, so i dont want to destroy that either. But it was hard to even rev it very high because it was to loud in my left ear.

I even passed a county sheriff on the way there, he didnt even turn around. :P

Tempurature guage stayed perfect all the way there, needle slightly lower than the L motor ever was.

So, the first drive went very well. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

What!? I need to check out the truck section more often. I thought I saw you drive by earlier today, was it? Congrats!

Not me, I saw that Tyler had his KC out today though.

I pretty much stuck to the backroads. Way too loud to be in town with it. I had not driven it for two weeks. Missed it too, but it is a little bit faster now. :D

When is the expected done date?

I dont expect to get it back before this weekend, i am betting that he will finish it up on saturday.

Jes, he gave me a lot of flack about selling that old y-pipe he built. He still had pictures of it on his phone. :rofl:

But, i expect that i will get the same quality of work again this time, that why he always gets the vehicle for several days. If he had a bad day at work that day, he doesnt take it out on my truck. :thumbup:

No hurry either, did a fair bit of garage cleaning today. Had a lot of tools out. I put away 22 screwdrivers, and 13 pairs of pliers, plus wrenches, sockets, ratcets, misc. Could not believe how many damn screwdrivers were out though. And the screwdrivers drawer still looked full. :blink:

Just got back from the exhaust shop. This thing is a Monster. :D

IMG132.jpg

IMG133.jpg

IMG131.jpg

A 2.5" inch pipe going under the crossmember on a 620 does hang awful low, but that is what it has to be. :P

Not sure how accurate my speedometer is, but it seems close. Have to be awful careful now though, it likes to read around 90mph coming out of third gear, and it happens way faster than expected.

Traction is going to be a small problem on wet roads, but i have a top secret plan for that, and it does not involve anything to do with the H190 or a Power Brute limited slip.

looks great! one thing i want to mention, you should have mover the split of the exhaust to behind trans. would be much easier to remove tranny that way. or is there a removable section there we cant see?

BTW awesome job on this trruck!!! looks like a fun ride deffinatley!

There is a removable section in the piping, but i dont think that it is going to do any good. I really doubt that the trans will come out of there without pulling the motor first. This trans is a little bigger than the stock longtail. Kinda like changing the starter requires removing the passenger exhaust manifold or motor mount assembly.

now lets see a in cab video of it in action! :D

Only if a passenger is holding the camera. But i have not addressed the wiring mess on the passenger floor yet, ECU is still sitting on the floor too.

Hopefully be part of tomorrows plan.

Still need to build a better air intake system too.

No more jetting issues. Good job!

Kinda, still have to get the idle control motor to cooperate. The cold start valve is working fine. And then i need to get the idle up solenoid wired to come on with the electric fan so it quites stalling the motor.

Most of this not cooperating is due to having a 200sx idle control/idle up valve installed into a Infiniti M30 wiring harness/computer. It is all nissan, so i know it can be made to work correctly.

Just might be a bigger pain in the ass than jetting a carb.

I did ask Steve about the idle issue. The screw on the idle-up solenoid changes air fuel mixture. It has nothing to do with the idle. The idle control is on the throttle body itself. You should be able to block that off and just disconnect the wiring. You may want to double check that with Nelson though.

How about an updated sound clip?

I did ask Steve about the idle issue. The screw on the idle-up solenoid changes air fuel mixture. It has nothing to do with the idle. The idle control is on the throttle body itself. You should be able to block that off and just disconnect the wiring. You may want to double check that with Nelson though.

How about an updated sound clip?

According to the FSM, the idle speed control is the adjustment on that solenoid. Also confirmed this when talking to nelson today.

No more 19 second quarter miles!

Absolutely not, was thinking about that today as i was beating on the truck.