My Yello620

yello620

Here are a few pictures from today after I spent a little time cleaning it. :w00t:

IMG_20130330_174608_zps55a73468.jpg

IMG_20130330_174619_zps0bdacf58.jpg

IMG_20130330_174642_zpse97cad0e.jpg

IMG_20130330_174654_zpsb016fbc2.jpg

And this shows the wooden horn button I machined a few months ago for the 240Z wheel. Guess I don't need to keep looking for an early Z horn button, they all seem to be broken anyways.

IMG_20130330_174831_zps4ba764e9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the horn button looks awesome.

where did you get those rims from?? are they stock pathfinders?

o and have you got anything better then 26 mpg?

Those wheels are stock to the 03-04 Nissan Xterra. They are a 16x7 +40. 

That 26 MPG that I got on that trip is the best I have done, but It has not been back out on the highway for an entire tank like that trip was either. Driven everyday around town and highway though.

Would have to look at my mileage book, but I think that this VG swap has around 20K miles on it now.

Front main seal is leaking though, so I ordered a new crank timing gear so I can get the seal changed out this weekend.

There should be some new news about this truck in the coming weeks though. :ninja:

• Like 1

New update

Installed new camshaft seals, crankshaft seal, and a new water pump tonight. Al back together and running now. Need to finish bleeding the cooling system tomorrow.

Still more news to come in the new week or so. :yawn:

Now that you are done and have many miles on the truck, how do you like the swap? Would you do this again or choose a different engine?

BTW, I would kill for 26 mpg. My L18 with the new weber is horrible on gas, but its a few thing (no tune, hole in top of gas tank, poor maintenace from PO, ect). I get 15mpg average highway and city.

Now that you are done and have many miles on the truck, how do you like the swap? Would you do this again or choose a different engine?

BTW, I would kill for 26 mpg. My L18 with the new weber is horrible on gas, but its a few thing (no tune, hole in top of gas tank, poor maintenace from PO, ect). I get 15mpg average highway and city.

I still really like the swap, really enjoy the power. Would be awful difficult to go back to a stocker. In fact, i wouldn't go back. Also super nice to have fuel injection.

If I was to do a swap again, I would at least start with a VG33. But probably not, just cause I like the challenge. I would probably do a VQ40.  :w00t:  But that will involve a fair bit of cutting, I have already measured it for fitment.

I would be willing to bet, that a good running VG33 NA and a limited slip rearend with 4.10 gears would be capable of 13 second quarter on pump gas with drag radials. 

Hmm, might have to build that..................

• Like 1

Hrm, I wonder how much a VG33 would cost from the scrap yard...

VG40 sounds scary. Honestly I think I will leave that beast to people with far more time/money/skills than me.

I am guessing the VG33 would be similar? I love the idea of a V6 in the 620, and the L in my B210, but I am not looking forward to cutting the firewall to make anything fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I mentioned a few posts ago(couple weeks ago) that there would be a new update on this truck. So, here it is. Short and sweet.

I have finally completed a project of mine. The only way that a project can be completed. B) However, a little hard to announce this.

I have SOLD my daily driver. Yes, to another Ratsun member. Not saying who yet, but the new owner can if he wants to. It will be leaving the Northwest area. Shipping will be involved and will happen as the check clears and cash is in my hands.

I had plans to list this for sale in June, but an acceptable deal presented itself a couple months early. I had two main complaints about this truck, one of which, I just could not solve. First, I want power steering, I could have given it that though. Second, the standard cab just was not big enough anymore. And  the cab is a little harder to modify.

Unfortunately, this does leave me with a few things in my mind that I still wanted to modify, So who know, maybe I will move on or maybe I will build a faster 620 with a King Cab. For right now, I am going to drive my 68 chev short wide PU that's on bags all around. :w00t:

OK, the shipping company came to pic this up yesterday evening about 8pm. Here is a couple pictures.

IMG_20130501_195357_zps2071fa15.jpg

IMG_20130501_195432_zpsa910fbbc.jpg

And a rear view pic of what I am driving now. 68 Chev shortbed fleetside. Bought it as a basket case about six years ago, and it's certainly not even close to finished.

IMG_20130430_123802_zps19ca92d3.jpg

• Like 1