My Yello620

yello620

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This last set of wheel are the 16 x 7 xterrra wheels. I will run 225/50/16 tires on them as pictured. They are just a tiny bit taller that my 205/60/15's and actually brings them closer to the stock diameter. Right now i only have two tires for them and they are not very good, good summer tires. So i need to purchase two more and two more center caps to be able to run them.

Can i get some comments on the new wheels? Likes or dislikes. I plan to lower it a little more for a better fit in the front.

Kiznook, that side shot was for photoshop work if you want.

Truck is a 76 with a disc brake conversion and the wider 78/79 rearend housing. But it still has the 76 reargears 4.375. Torsion drop in the front, and hardbody 3" lowered leaf springs in the rear with a custom made 1" block. Motor is a stock rebuild on a L20b, still has the smog manifolds but removed all smog stuff. Has the normal Weber 32/36 dgev carb. Also still sporting the terrible factory 4spd.

Interior is nothing fancy, a cheap seat cover on the wore out factory bench, cracked dash, and a cut up headliner(damn thieves, previous owner). I did change out the steering wheel for a smaller one, of unknown brand. Has markings made in italy and a date code of 1984 on the back of it. And it still has a tape deck in the dash. I have a CD player for it, but all i ever listen to is the radio.

Jason

The rear drop springs came to me for FREE, but missing some of the bushings. So i scrounged my parts boxes and found bushings/crush cleeves that would work. Then they bolted right into the frame, no problems. However they did not center the axle into the wheelwell properly. So that is where the "custom" lowering blocks come into this. I used a piece of 1" solid stock the width of the springs (2 1/2" i think) and the lenght of the axle mounting pad. Then i made offset blocks. One side is drilled with the 1/2" hole for the centering pin and the other side is drilled/tapped for a allen bolt with a 1/2 inch head. The placement of the drilling is offset 1 1/4" if i remember correctly.

The springs were originally ordered from AIM industries. The problem with this mod is that the shocks are now way to long. But ride is better than stock leafs.

Jason

I like the 4 spokes myself, can i borrow them ? :rolleyes: Lets see some int. pix please, sounds like the steering wheel may be a Nardi.

I will see what i can get of the steering wheel. I really like it. The way the foam is shaped in the center makes me think that it had a cover that snapped onto the wheel, and might have been a factory wheel to some oddball british/italian car. It bought it from ebay 3 years ago. It came with a Momo horn button, but all the momo wheels that i have found had 6 mounting bolt holes. This wheel only has 5 holes and they match the mounting of the Grant steering wheels.

Jason

Just looked on ebay, and all of the nardi wheels are 6 bolt mounting

YAY!! Pictures!!

Thanx for the side shot. I saved it as soon as I opened the thread, THEN saw your comment about it :D

The 4spokes look excellent. Even better than I was expecting, and I knew they'd look good.

Also as expected, I love the cruiser. Not digging those wheels though, you should throw the 6 spoke xterra's on there.