Introduction & my Custom 620

MOODSTER

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So here is where it's at today.I hope to a get few more hours in tonight stich welding this top. I am taking my time and very happy with it. We used three different roofs to do this ! (the og roof is in the scrap pile) The extra work was worth it. The shape is dead on, and the profile with the factory style curve has been restored.

chopupdate2.jpg

chopupdate1.jpg

I have been collecting some bling and trinkets for the re-assembly, I got my wheels back today. And, my bro Derek scored me a nice factory inside tailgate cover!

bling.jpg

The picnic is coming up fast, I gotta get to work!

So much chrome mmmmm drool. im such a crome lover on 620's all u need is chrome taillight housings like mine. I love them to death!

Normally I would, but I have a special plan for this one--stay tuned!

So you like chrome on 620s...well check my truck out....

OOF! That's PURDY!

it is going to be cool i am sure. I really like old school trucks. They had the style back then. Now days most of the mini trucks, are all body dropped, primered lets see how much asphalt I can tear up....Dont get me wrong I had one of those crazy trucks also, i just like the old mini truckin days...Cant wait to see the updates of the build....!!!

• 2 weeks later...

8 full hours of work on this dog again today. Less than a month to get er done for the picnic. She'll be there, may not be "Pretty" but she'll be rollin in!

Progress3.jpg

progress2.jpg

Progress1.jpg

Progress4.jpg

My camera was on the bench, I guess I should have cleaned the lense before shootin pic's. Oh we'll, this is where were at today.Stay tuned!

I spent the afternoon with my bro Derek wrenchin on this dog and ,well, here we are with one week to go!

Spoiler2.jpg

Spoiler3.jpg

Spoiler1.jpg

Tomorrow will be a big (long) day and the rest of the week will be workin out the bugs.This truck was sittin idle for years ,so who knows? I have driven it ,but I want a few good miles on it before the club bbq next Sunday. See you guy's soon!

alot of hard work and time has been your drive to get this ready for BBQ.. i hope to see it at BBQ on sunday what color are you going to paint it? so are you going to have tail gate done OLD SCHOOL ready by the BBQ?

alot of hard work and time has been your drive to get this ready for BBQ.. i hope to see it at BBQ on sunday what color are you going to paint it? so are you going to have tail gate done OLD SCHOOL ready by the BBQ?

There is still a long list of things to do.This truck sat for 10? years maybe longer. It also is a long way from cosmetic finish.I'll keep pluggin away and whatever it looks like next Saturday night will be how you see it on Sunday.The priority now lies in drivability/safety.

Moody the 620 is badass without a doubt ! TY for coming out with your "crew" to the bbq..haha If mine still had a roof..seeing yours would make me want to chop it.

Thanks for the kudo's, I'm glad you dig it.Not everyone can "get" the old school mentality because they didn't live through it.I really like the compliments that Iv'e had so far because I know there are cat's out ther who remember and appreciate the style! We are are gonna bring it back one mini at a time!